Looking for help

Reaction score
Going to be long but, I will try and get to point.
Got our P2 with hero3 and the
We are using it in the Law enforcement aspect for swat calls and emergency issues , anyways I wanted to know who could tell me if it is at all possible to receive the video feed to a command post location aside from the controller. Can the video be viewed at another location and are there stronger antennas that I maybe use on my controller or mount on top of an APC/ vehicle to receive the video to the controller and back to the command post , so not only do I want to see it as I fly I want others to view at a whole other location but still in a general area to where I am say a city block back behind me
Thanks

The signal broadcast by standard FPV Transmitters can and will be picked up by any receiver in range and on the right frequency. If the command post you mention is still within line of sight of the aircraft and not more than a few hundred meters away it should be fine with standard 5.8GHz gear. If it's farther away you'll need at least better-than-average antennae, and if its not w/in line of sight you'll need to look at other (lower) frequencies to use.

You'll probably want to look at getting the Rx at the command station up on a mast or anything tall, and this would be an ideal application for an antenna tracker that will keep a directional antenna pointed at the aircraft while it flies.

Are you connected to the command post via any other kinds of data links? If so it might be easier to just pipe the video directly to them over that (kind of like streaming it to the internet)

What should I look for? What's the largest antenna I can get or what do I look for as to specs

Thanks again

hmmm - I wonder if there's a way to get the video onto a laptop with cellular technology and just broadcast the image over the web - then you wouldn't be saddled with the power of the antennae - but rather the speed and power of the cellular signal. LTE network, for example, could probably easily keep up with sending a video at normal resolution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers