Looking for help!

Reaction score
I always get the same message whenever I try to watch a video that I just took with my P3P , app doesn't support video file.
I'm new to this and was wondering if I might have a setting wrong. I'm using a Verizon Ellipsis 10 Tablet, the P3P flies great but I can't watch the videos they stop after a few seconds.

Thank You
Ken

I always get the same message whenever I try to watch a video that I just took with my P3P , app doesn't support video file.
I'm new to this and was wondering if I might have a setting wrong. I'm using a Verizon Ellipsis 10 Tablet, the P3P flies great but I can't watch the videos they stop after a few seconds.

Thank You
Ken

Just to clarify Ken, are you trying to watch the videos from the SD card taken from your P3P on the tablet, or on a PC/Laptop/Mac?

Just to clarify Ken, are you trying to watch the videos from the SD card taken from your P3P on the tablet, or on a PC/Laptop/Mac?
Thank you for responding, I'm trying to watch it on the same tablet that I used.

First, if you are trying to look at the videos stored by the app on your tablet, those are low resolution and really won't look that good. Are you trying to watch them through the app or with another video viewer app? The app should have no problem replaying the videos. There are two types of video files, mov and MP4. Other apps may not be able to play one ore the other. Check in the directory to see which extension is on your files. And check in the app to see what format is used to store the files on the sd card. MP4 is more universally used.

First, if you are trying to look at the videos stored by the app on your tablet, those are low resolution and really won't look that good. Are you trying to watch them through the app or with another video viewer app? The app should have no problem replaying the videos. There are two types of video files, mov and MP4. Other apps may not be able to play one ore the other. Check in the directory to see which extension is on your files. And check in the app to see what format is used to store the files on the sd card. MP4 is more universally used.
Thank you, I'm trying to view through the Dji app, it will start but then stop. I have found that the video was set to mov more, I will try Mp4.
Do I need to download video from the SD card in the P3P?

Thank you, I'm trying to view through the Dji app, it will start but then stop. I have found that the video was set to mov more, I will try Mp4.
Do I need to download video from the SD card in the P3P?
It looks like files are loved, if that makes any sense.

Just took the SD card out of the P3P and tried to watch them on my laptop, they would not run on laptop, it just would give error and reboot laptop. The files are mov!

I am assuming that you can at least read what is on the card even if it doesn't play. Go into the go app and change the video format to MP4 (do this with everything connected and turned on so it gets loaded into the aircraft). Then shoot some sample video. Not sure why it would reboot the laptop, having a wrong file format should cause that. Also, don't use a stick type adapter to plug the SD card into the laptop. Cheap ones don't seem to handle video files well. Use the adapter that hold the SD and fits into the card slot.

Reactions: Lawdawglt
I am assuming that you can at least read what is on the card even if it doesn't play. Go into the go app and change the video format to MP4 (do this with everything connected and turned on so it gets loaded into the aircraft). Then shoot some sample video. Not sure why it would reboot the laptop, having a wrong file format should cause that. Also, don't use a stick type adapter to plug the SD card into the laptop. Cheap ones don't seem to handle video files well. Use the adapter that hold the SD and fits into the card slot.
Again thank you, I did what you said last night I think that might do it. I do use a higher grade SD card, not a stick. The computer reboots on its own, I think it's a Windows think, you know it sends info to Microsoft then reboots. I'll keep at it until I get this working right, I believe it all to be software issues. Still trying to figure out all the right settings for the P3P. You have been a great help and apparently very knowledgeable.

Again thank you, I did what you said last night I think that might do it. I do use a higher grade SD card, not a stick. The computer reboots on its own, I think it's a Windows think, you know it sends info to Microsoft then reboots. I'll keep at it until I get this working right, I believe it all to be software issues. Still trying to figure out all the right settings for the P3P. You have been a great help and apparently very knowledgeable.
We're all in this together. That's what this forum is for. Let us know how things work out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan