Looking for foam to DIY Case

Reaction score
Hi all,
Do you know where or what the foam is called? I really like the high density foam used in the cases, but its really pricey? I already have a backpack, which i want to customize some protection so that my P4 is just jostling around. I dont mind just buying the block and customizing myself or if anyone has their P4 case that they dont use anymore. Let me know

I had a backpack that I bought once for a Phantom 2. I already had removed the P2 foam because I wanted to use the backpack in something else. Then P4 came and I found Drones Crates and bought the insert from Drone Crates and order the foam only. I was lucky it fit perfectly in my backpack.
This is the one I bought
DJI Phantom 4 Backpack

When I bought some of the stuff for one of my old Halliburton cases years ago, it was called charcoal ester. It's probably the same stuff

Attachments

• IMG_7466.jpg
    IMG_7466.jpg
    635.7 KB · Views: 459
Whoops i just saw your post on the other thread. How did you cut this foam? Was it a full block or multiple pieces

It comes as a sheet 57mm thick (4'x6') it is in layers so you use a box cutter to cut down to the depth you want and then it just peels away. Its really simple.
Quality foam too. Much better than "pick n pluck" stuff.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic