Looking FOR Case for my P2

Reaction score
Hello guys, so im looking for a case that can fit my P2, fpv setup, extra battery, chargers, propellers, antennas, etc, etc,
i was thinking the pelican 1510 would be nice but i don't know if it would fit all this stuff so. if you know that 1510 case is good or any similar case would please let me know,

(sorry for my english)

Thank you in advance

Marinoechor

Quoted from my other post. The Seahorse SE920 might fit your needs.

UrAwFuL said:
After several months with my backpack, I ended up getting a hard case instead. :lol:

So far I'm really loving this case coming from my backpack case! It's really robust and it allows me to customize everything to the way I want to! And if I wanted new foam, it's only about $64 to replace. And yes, it rolls and has a handle.

You'll get about two layers of foam and I used the parts that didn't take up two layers of foam as a "secret compartment" to hold my chargers, spare props and screwdrivers!

Outside (you're looking at the back (hinge) side):
21awi01.jpg

Inside:
rb9ni8.jpg

20f693p.jpg

Stickers from Stuck Vinyl Graphics and the case is a Seahorse SE920.

I'm a pretty big fan of "not showing logos" and showy things.. but I hope the exterior is a deterrent or am I just attracting a ton more attention than I should? :lol:

It really did cost me an arm and a leg though. :lol:

I just finished with this setup like RIGHT NOW (you have no idea how many hours it took for sticker placements) so I haven't really rolled it around outside yet.. maybe tomorrow morning if the weather is good to me. :D

Those hard cases are great but very expensive. I went with a cheap alternative and I plan on upgrading to a pelican in the future.

This case is soft shell but it has worked great for me: BangGood Backpack Case $60 free shipping

I have the HPRC case and it works beautifully. Plenty of space for extra props, your tablet(s) controller of various sizes, and other gizmos. I have used other hard cases and this one fits the best. Only thing with these cases is that none of them fit the P2 with prop guards installed. I don't use them so no problem but you might want to take that into account. You can possibly find it cheaper elsewhere but I like these guys for some things... http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/9 ... e_for.html

Almost forgot, there is also a wheeled version which could help since it is not light!

I got this one for my P2. It holds up to 6 batteries, controller, FPV Screen, chargers, extra blades, tools/hex wrenches, neck straps, SD cards and the P2 WITH blades still attached. Handle and rollers. GoPro Camera and antenna still attached to P2, on a Zenmuse H3-3d gimbal. Even carries charger for GoPro and the 7" FPV screen and screen hood.

http://aerialmediapros.com/store/custom ... -case.html

WCSpectre
SW Michigan

I've got the B&W hard case. Holds everything nicely - Phantom, transmitter, FPV monitor, spare batteries for Phantom and transmitter, antennas, tools, etc. It's also useful for:

1. Sitting on.
2. Taking off from on rough ground.

And finally, it's a pretty colour :).

Attachments

• Case1.jpg
    Case1.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 542
  • Case2.jpg
    Case2.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 592
Are any of the soft cases worthwhile? I guess I'm the same as most - I would like to be able to leave the blades on, no prop guards, space for 7" black pearl... and I haven't seen it mentioned, but do most (any?) cases have room for the FPV antenna to stay mounted on the Phantom, or will it have to be removed every time?

rctoyguy said:
Are any of the soft cases worthwhile? I guess I'm the same as most - I would like to be able to leave the blades on, no prop guards, space for 7" black pearl... and I haven't seen it mentioned, but do most (any?) cases have room for the FPV antenna to stay mounted on the Phantom, or will it have to be removed every time?

Has to be removed with mine. If you look at my picture above, you can see the white cloverleaf FPV transmitter antenna in a compartment at the front of the case. I really don't see the point of the soft cases, unless price is your prime concern. Protection is the most important thing, to my mind.

I guess protection, but I'm really just looking for a way to keep everything together. Grab one box/bag and go for now. That, and the cost.. Been hard enough to swallow all that I'm tying up in this thing - another $250 will be difficult to get "approved". ;)

rctoyguy said:
I guess protection, but I'm really just looking for a way to keep everything together. Grab one box/bag and go for now. That, and the cost.. Been hard enough to swallow all that I'm tying up in this thing - another $250 will be difficult to get "approved". ;)

I do understand your concern about the price; I paid £160 ($260) for mine, but the contents of the case cost nearly 10x that amount, so for me it seemed like a reasonable investment, and not one to skimp on. It is extremely useful - the case normally lives in the boot (trunk) of my car, so if I pass a good flying spot and have 20 minutes free, I have everything with me. The only thing not in the case is the camera tripod that I prefer to use for my FPV monitor - that has its own bag, and lives permanently in the car.

rctoyguy said:

In my post just above, I mentioned that the P2 fits in the case I bought, with the FPV antenna and GoPro STILL attached. That antenna is an enclosed cloverleaf. I only have to remove the antennas from the 7" monitor, when I put it back in the case.

WCSpectre
SW Michigan

hi everybody :) i am looking for a case for my p2 + fpv too, but my problem is that i mounted extended legs on my p2.... anyone knows a case that can fit p2 with extended legs mounted?
thanks
Giuseppe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj