Looking for a specific drone

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to drone theme and was not interested in them at all because I though they're not too different from RC helicopters. But recently I found out that drone can be a platfrom for a wide variety of devices - from gopro cameras to real guns.
And now I'm really interested if there is a drone that can handle a dropping device along with camera/multiple cameras.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

There are a few methods you can use to drop something but be sure to use extreme caution when doing this type of activity. In the USA there are rules regarding this type of action.

Reactions: dirkclod
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

There are a few methods you can use to drop something but be sure to use extreme caution when doing this type of activity. In the USA there are rules regarding this type of action.
Well, I live in Russia and we don't have any laws regarding drones. Well, at least yet. And what are those methods? Am I right thinking about a drone as if it's just a platform you can put different devices on? I know you can do something with arduino, but I've never dealt with it before and I don't thinkg I'd be able to modify drone controlling programs to control and recieve infromation from additional devices.

Welcome to the forum.

The DJI Inspire is a fairly versatile "off the shelf" platform. If you're looking to build something you have a LOT more options (usually at less cost too) but you have to do the research and building.

With that being said the "gun idea" may get you more attention than you'd like to get especially from people with badges and handcuffs. Sometimes just because you're "able" to do something doesn't mean you should do it :)

Again welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

The DJI Inspire is a fairly versatile "off the shelf" platform. If you're looking to build something you have a LOT more options (usually at less cost too) but you have to do the research and building.

With that being said the "gun idea" may get you more attention than you'd like to get especially from people with badges and handcuffs. Sometimes just because you're "able" to do something doesn't mean you should do it :)

Again welcome to the forum.
Well, I don't really get the part about lot more options - I simply don't know where to start - should I look into drones you assemble by yourself and write soft too?
And the gun thing was just an example since a video where armed drones shooting vehicles was recently shown by USA government.

Well, I don't really get the part about lot more options - I simply don't know where to start - should I look into drones you assemble by yourself and write soft too?
And the gun thing was just an example since a video where armed drones shooting vehicles was recently shown by USA government.
I have not heard of that yet. Just the one a kid made up and fired in the woods.

A blast! And we would still have a thread about max distance :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik