Looking for a Decent UV Filter for my DJI Phantom 4

Reaction score
Hi, im in the UK and looking for advice on what UV filter to buy for the Phantom 4, not really wanting to buy a set as the UV one will be the only one i will use. Seen some on the main auction sites but no sure what they are like.
Thanks in advance.

Hi, im in the UK and looking for advice on what UV filter to buy for the Phantom 4, not really wanting to buy a set as the UV one will be the only one i will use. Seen some on the main auction sites but no sure what they are like.
Thanks in advance.
The filter that comes fitted to your P4 camera is a UV filter. Are you sure you're not looking for an ND filter?

Ok, I wasn't sure as it does not make any difference but obviously does the job, i use a UV filter on my Fuji X pro 2 camera and it is a great asset in the sunlight. Not wanting a ND Filter but thanks for the reply. Cheers Michael

The UV filter is fine for photography, but you'll probably find that once you start doing much video, an ND filter will be something you want to add......without it, shutter speeds get far too high on bright days, and you wind up with jerky video (a bit like Keystone Cops!).

Without ND's you can't really shoot video with fixed aperture lenses like the one which is mounted on Phantom quads. With set of ND's you can drop the shutter down to 1/50 (24 or 25 fps) or 1/60 (30 fps) of second in order achieve flicker free video and smooth motion blur (if over cranked then adjust shutter speed accordingly). You should be OK with ND4, ND8, ND16 and ND32.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: bigmike52
Without ND's you can't really shoot video with fixed aperture lenses like the one which is mounted on Phantom quads. With set of ND's you can drop the shutter down to 1/50 (24 or 25 fps) or 1/60 (30 fps) of second in order achieve flicker free video and smooth motion blur (if over cranked then adjust shutter speed accordingly). You should be OK with ND4, ND8, ND16 and ND32.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Thanks for that will take a look around and see whats about.

Thanks for that will take a look around and see whats about.

I can recommend PolarPro filters. They are light (you can't put too much weight on gimbal in order it work properly) and have better AR coating (at least the PolarPro cinema series) than DJI stock ND filters.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj