Looking for a case

Reaction score
I have a new P3S and though I'm still very new to the hobby, I'm having a ball. I can see that I'd like to travel a bit with the drone, but I don't want to just toss it in the trunk and go.

I have the blade guards installed and am looking for a recommendation for a case. All the cases I've found are for drones without blade guards, so I'm looking for a case with foam inserts that I can cut and trim to my purpose.

And recommendations, suggestions, and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tom...

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I haven't ever found a manageable sized case that allows you to run the guards on. Simply because of the size of the drone with them installed. Franky if you insist on running them (and I would only recommend them indoors, but that's a separate thread) you should scrap the hard mount ones and look for detachable ones. That opens up a whole realm of case possibilities. I run in that fashion and have the Nanuk 945 Hard case ( Nanuk 945 Case (Orange) 945-0003 B&H Photo Video ) and the Go Professional backpack depending on what my needs are for the day https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0118N62T0/ph079-20

Both cases needed the foam only slightly tweaked to allow for the guard mounts and allow you to carry the detachable guards in the case with you should you be inclined to use them.

Reactions: tjshelton
If you decide to switch to removable prop guards, you can find some commonly used brands here.

I just got a Pelican 1550 case and ordered the foam insert specifically for the Phantom 4, which also is the same for a P3. Love the case. Traveling with it, even on airlines is no issue. It's waterproof, crushproof and totally worth the money. You can find them used for less $ as well and you can purchase the foam inserts on eBay for under $50.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: tjshelton
I have the goprofessional case that allows the props to be left on but not the guards because I don't use guards but this case (attached photo) accommodates the guards. It has wheels and and pull handle that comes out. I am really happy with mine.

Attachments

• goprofessional.jpg
    goprofessional.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 227
Reactions: brolland
The cases that allow your props to be left on scare me because of downward pressure on the prop blades from the lid foam. I'm also in the market for a case but prefer one that will have detachable blades.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl