Looking for a budget tablet

Reaction score
I have a p3 and have been using my Samsung S7 edge which works good. I tried my tablet.. It's a Nextbook 8 from Wal-Mart. Won't even connect once I got ready to fly. Screen keeps bouncing from Mavic Pro (default) to phantom 3 standard almost like a strobe light. I looked on the dji tablet list and some of them aren't even as decent as my Nextbook. Not wanting to spend a ton on a tablet as it will mostly be for flying. Don't need to have the latest greatest but don't want 30 sec of lag.. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Oh android also. No Apple please. List on Dji websight looks a little dated also. As my S7 isn't even on list and has been out for a long time

I did after looking online found a decent deal on Samsung Tab 4. Anyone use that by chance ?

Last edited:
Don't go for a budget android like a cheap acer one that I had since it ended up lagging bad... the nvidia shield is apparently one of the best if you can get one, but personally, a iphone 6 is legit, but you said no apple.

I have a list of recommended and commonly used Android tablets here.

I've seen the list of dji approved devices but the list seems dated
It is dated for sure. That's why I maintain the list above.

I have a been using a Google Nexus 7 (1st. gen.) that I got on Ebay for $70.00,love it,NO drop outs,nice size screen....

The link I got just took me to the dji list ? Is that the one you mean?

No. I'm referring to my list here.

@msinger do you also want to add ulefone power and huawei 9ii to your list too. I have both phones and they both work great with DJI go and litchi with no lag

Neon Euc

Thanks!

Ok. I came home this morning from work and turned tablet on and linked it to my phantom 3 with dji app on and out linked up perfect.. Very little lag in camera.. What gives? Yesterday it would just switch between mavic pro (default) and phantom 3 standard really fast and not sync. Other than location nothing has changed. Anyone have any ideas?

Ok. I came home this morning from work and turned tablet on and linked it to my phantom 3 with dji app on and out linked up perfect.. Very little lag in camera.. What gives? Yesterday it would just switch between mavic pro (default) and phantom 3 standard really fast and not sync. Other than location nothing has changed. Anyone have any ideas?
Sorry, no sensible ideas - but maybe it's just your lucky day?... Enjoy! :)

I hope it lasts for you...

I'm using a $97 Galaxy Tab A 7.0 and it's given me ZERO problems so far. I bought it exclusively for my P3S. It has no other extra apps installed on it (equals unnecessary junk running in the background).

One thing I'm kind of confused about is why on earth won't the DJI app let you choose where to send the video cache? I have a 64mb card in the tablet, but I'm forced to limit the video cache because i can't send it to the card.

Nvidia Shield

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik