Looking for 3.7 volts

Reaction score
Ok I know this is taboo but has anyone pulled 3.7 volts off of a 3cell and if you did what was the effects that you experenced as far as damaging the battery . What I'm trying to do is hook up 2 head lights on my phantom , I flew someone's that had lights on it and it was nice from a distance able to tell it was coming towards me real noticeable from along distance . I understand this is not the correct way to get the voltage that I need but I haven't found a bec that has low enough output voltage . And I don't really want to add another small battery for lights . The lowest I found is 5 volts and it blew the bulb fast it was bright but not for long can anyone help thanks guys

Audaciter said:
Why don't you just get lights that match the voltage you want to use. no need to reinvent the wheel.
Because I haven't found a bright enough led that will support 11.1 volts and the light that I have choose are stream light super bright

Never one I found led lights at frys that absoutly rock super bright and are water proof and small all the things I could ask for and
They are 12 volts so here I go

Jakethedog said:
Never one I found led lights at frys that absoutly rock super bright and are water proof and small all the things I could ask for and
They are 12 volts so here I go

any updates on this project? also, what exactly did you pick up at frys to fit the bill?

Part #7250343 and there less than $6.00 this is for the white one it is very compact clean and durable splash proof and will work on 12 volts if needed . I'm very nurotic when it comes to stuff like this it has to look clean and professional it is a fault of mine I won't settle for wires and clips and glue every where it will bug me so bad that it will keep me up nights ha ha . I have mine attached to my gimble and works great I use it for orientation when a distance away I can't tell coming or going well when I see the lights it's pointing towards me even during the day . There was a guy at the feild that was using the strip lights LEDs and attached to the front and wow it was really noticeable coming towards you and it was visually appealing I will post a picture

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj