Looking at getting Phantom 2 with H3-3D

Reaction score
Hi folks

Newbie here, so be easy. For the folks that have this or any other drone with a camera, is the the FPV feature a must-have? If so, which one would you recommend for someone on a budget..

Thanks

I think I fly better with FPV vs. line-of-sight. :lol:

People might say opposite though, but it's preference. And is that FPV via screen or goggles? I prefer screen.

Budget wise.. I think ImmersionRC is the way to go and is lightweight. I went with the AVL58 because it was easy to work with at the time, but I think after watching some YouTube setup videos with the iRC I think it's doable now without any soldering.

Thank you!! Yeah after watching videos on how to install it, the whole soldering process sort of freaked me out...lol...I just want to plug n play :D

I'm looking at the screen option. I'll check out the model you mentioned and see if that works.

Now, do these drones go on sale for Black Friday? :D

I have recommended this setup a few times. It is what i personally have and love. All of which was plug and play

Black Pearl 5.8 ghz 7ch monitor
ImmersionRC 5.8 RX
Plug and play for gopro
Aluminim monitor mount for DJI controller
DJI mini iosd.

algee650 said:
For the folks that have this or any other drone with a camera, is the the FPV feature a must-have?

FPV is great fun and kind of essential if you're going any distance and wanting to frame/shoot video well. Be wary about the H3-3D though. Mine has caused me no end of bother, with random yaw axis 'snapping' ruining every video I've taken and the flimsy plastic bracket holding the GoPro breaking after 6 flights. I'm considering ditching it and getting a DYS 3 axis gimbal as it appears that company know how to design and build a gimbal that's fit for purpose.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNklwGvDOm4[/youtube]

I see a lot of people complaining about this product having defects. Is this overblown by the few cases out there? Is there a problem with exchanging it?

I am curious if this issue happens initially or over time. I am the second owner of my gimbal and have yet to see something like this.

algee650 said:
I see a lot of people complaining about this product having defects. Is this overblown by the few cases out there? Is there a problem with exchanging it?

I wouldn't really know but it does appear others are experiencing the same problems. I would've exchanged it within a week of receiving it if the weather hadn't been too bad to fly for a week and I hadn't spent so long trying everything to fix it in amongst more bad weather days. I won't be able to exchange it now, it'll no doubt need sent from the UK to China for repair.

tgreenstone said:
I am curious if this issue happens initially or over time. I am the second owner of my gimbal and have yet to see something like this.

Sounds like you got lucky. Mine has been doing it from day one. At first I just assumed my gains were wrong, balance needed tweaked on the quad or the camera etc. Two months later, none of these time consuming adjustments have helped at all. There seems to be no pattern to it. It may do it flying at 15m/s, 10m/s, 6m/s, or even as low as 3m/s. I'm sick of it now, it puts me off flying knowing that just as I'll be getting good video footage the H3-3D can be relied on to ruin it.

FPV is a must IMO. You're so limited where you can fly without it.

The fpv setup posted above is good, if you want to save some cash go for a cheaper screen. I got boscam lcd5802 and i'm very happy with it so far but there are others to choose from. You can put together full fpv setup for about 1100-1200usd including drone and gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj