Looking at getting a P4P Kit....... maybe....

Reaction score
Hello all,

First id like to say that this is a great forum and I've already learned so much by reading, so thank you!

My wife surprised me with a P4 for Christmas and the first time i tried to charge the battery, the battery light would flicker then go out or no lights at all..... After doing some research it seems DJI had some issues with a few of their new batteries on the P4. She told me they just came out with a new model so if i wanted to upgrade to the Pro we should do it now, soooooo i boxed it all back up and returned it. (she knows me all to well)

Now that I'm in the market for a P4P, I'm curious on some of the "kits" I'm seeing on line with triple chargers, extra memory cards, cases etc.. in your experience, does it seem better to get one of these kits or are people finding that some of the items they use to make these kits are sub-par and I would be better off getting these items separately? I've owned R/C trucks, cars, planes and helicopters over the past 30+ years and I've see it go both ways. So any advice or experience on this subject would be much appreciated! :)

Jim

Reactions: Wyomingjet
I've never been a fan of those kits you see on Amazon and eBay. Seems like a waste.

I wouldn't order from DJI directly as their customer service is terrible. I'd order online from B&H or the like since they don't charge sales tax if you aren't located in New York state. They have amazing customer service too unlike direct from DJI.

I'll check out their site TYVM! The one good thing about Amazon is Amazon Prime, in Alaska its a BIG deal due to crazy shipping prices. I had one company wanted to charge me $187.00 in shipping to ship an air Intake kit for my old pickup... needless to say, i didn't order it from them....

I'll check out B&H and see what they have to offer. Thanks for the info Kman and please keep any suggestions coming!

JIM

Please check the site first to make sure they have it in stock first. I'd hate for you to wait and it seems like DJI is ignoring B&H horribly at least on the Mavic front. (There are Mavic orders at B&H still holding from 10/27)

Now I ordered my P4P via Newegg which is a link to the DJI online store. They treated me pretty well so perhaps you can try Newegg.

I avoided the kits since I didn't appear to be saving all that much money to be honest and I didn't want to get a worthless kit as some of these kits are made up of dollar store quality crap.

To sum up - I bought my P4P from Newegg, 2 batteries from DJI Online, and a Go Professional P4 props-on case from B&H.

Reactions: embayweather
I'll check out their site TYVM! The one good thing about Amazon is Amazon Prime, in Alaska its a BIG deal due to crazy shipping prices. I had one company wanted to charge me $187.00 in shipping to ship an air Intake kit for my old pickup... needless to say, i didn't order it from them....

I'll check out B&H and see what they have to offer. Thanks for the info Kman and please keep any suggestions coming!

JIM

No problem! I believe B&H has free shipping. Not sure if that applies to Alaska and Hawaii. Check into it. :)

Thanks for the advice, this is what shipping came to - :eek: Shipping starting from $245.50 haha, ok back to amazon prime!!! don't get me wrong, I LOVE living in Alaska but sometimes i hate living in Alaska lol.......

Newegg, another good idea! Thank you, ill give them a try!

JIM

I would not buy a kit, for me the number one extra is a second battery, and then buy what you need after you get used to the hobby. If you are really into video, then next on the list would be ND filters, but if you want distance and mission flying, then Litchi and windsurfers.
Find out what you enjoy most and go down that route.

Buy the basic P4P then buy some spare high capacity batteries. Probably good to have another set or two of spare props. Other items to consider would be the charging hub or a multi-battery charger.

Brian

Do they have Best Buy's where you are at in Alaska? You could always pick up one there if you do. Order online and select in store pickup. They will ship to the store.

ok back to amazon prime!
Amazon is a great place to buy from since you're in the US. Just make sure you buy from an authorized DJI dealer so DJI will honor their warranty if you need to use it. I have a list of authorized DJI dealers selling P4Ps on Amazon here.

I went B&H and could not be happier. They shipped the P4P, HPRC case, some added accessories I ordered, extra P4P batteries the same day and was at my door in 3.

Thank you all for your advice and experiences! And thank you msinger for the list. If I do buy from amazon I'll make sure I buy from an authorized vendor for sure. Now that I have the flu, that gives me time to surf the web while I feel sorry for myself in bed....

Jim

I would also avoid the 'kitsters' on Amazon. Most of the extras they're including is basically a bunch of cheap junk, and more often than not, the extra batteries in their kits are made by third parties. It's often very difficult to tell if they're the real deal or identical knock-offs.
Smart batteries are one thing you absolutely want to buy OEM with DJI products!
I've been a long time customer of B&H and ordered my P4P there. To my dismay, it arrived with a gimbal/camera issue out of the box. That's when I discovered that they now farm-out their returns to a third party company. I wasn't very happy about this...
Long story short, I ordered another new one while processing the return on the faulty. We'll see how long it takes to receive the refund. It was that or wait 2-3 weeks for a replacement, which is a joke when purchasing a brand new item like this. As previously stated, it would probably be even longer dealing direct with DJI.

It looks like the local best buy now has the 4 pro in stock... (thank you kman). Guess I'll be going to best buy to take a look in person... its supposed to get down to 30-40below zero so if I do get one this weekend, I'm sure as hell not going out to fly it lol....

Jim

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic