Looking at an iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5 and want a large screen for my old eyes...lol.

Anyone using the new iPad?
It doesn't have the anti-glare screen like the iPad Air 2 but I'd use a sun shield anyway.

iPad 9.7-inch

I just switched from iphone to ipad mini 2. (luckily got one of the last ones as the new ones are about $200 more). With my sunshade it works great. I can actually see now where I am flying to.
My problem is once I take my eyes off the bird to look at the screen it takes a while to re-acquire the bird in the sky.

Reactions: SHRED
I just switched from iphone to ipad mini 2. (luckily got one of the last ones as the new ones are about $200 more). With my sunshade it works great. I can actually see now where I am flying to.
My problem is once I take my eyes off the bird to look at the screen it takes a while to re-acquire the bird in the sky.
I'm going back and forth between a mini and a 9.7.
Does yours have cellular?
Is that a must even if I don't activate the cellular?
I've been told to get one that has cellular for improved GPS.
I'm a newbie trying to figure out my screen options. My Galaxy S5 is too little for my eyes.

I'd get the 9.7" screen if you plan to do any Autopilot or Litichi autonomous flights as it's a lot easier to move around way points and observe the settings on the larger screens than the smaller ones. Big fat fingers on a little screen are never any good. Don't know how the newest - and cheaper - iPad works yet against the now older iPad Air 2 and Pro 9.7" models.

As to the Cellular, at some point you might want it to check your location to see if it is flyable, weather, maps, Follow-Me where it needs the GPS/Barometer feature, acquiring maps, unlocking and area, etc. I'd also check out your cellular plan's map coverage before getting a plan for it too. Some really do suck in rural areas.

Cry once rather than buy a device twice. I bought two Samsungs that are total garbage with GO 4 and cost me more than one iPad Air 2 + Cellular did. Live and learn.

I've been told to get one that has cellular for improved GPS.
GPS won't be improved, but it will allow you to use the Follow Me flight mode or manually reset the home point to your current location after taking off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik