Look At Points?

Reaction score
I think the gs system would be much better if we could add in look at points. This would be a simple drop pin and then between way points you could select that point for it to look at. So when its fly's it keeps the front/camera pointed at that point that you have defined on the map.

I did a small mock up with 2 lookup points in a circle.. DJI you around? This in my opinion would be awesome!

thoughts?

Attachments

• ground-station.jpg
    ground-station.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 885
OI Photography said:
I like it. Excellent mock-up too.

Thanks now if we could only reach out to the ios developers to see if this is something they could do. Im sure its not that simple also since the drone has to fly straight while keeping the point in target.

I was considering a groundstation after seeing a friends freeware software on his home build quad. The look at gps point whilst moving between waypoints is amazing for video.

Sad to learn it can't do it. Not even on the pc version?

MattBW said:
Sad to learn it can't do it. Not even on the pc version?

Nope, and not even when using DJI's top-shelf flight controller (A2). But now that there's several open-source alternatives with all sorts of great out-of-the-box features, we might see some more competitive options from DJI before long.

I really appreciate that, you've just saved me a few quid. I'll invest in Fpv instead. :)

tbwester said:
No doubt it is possible. Just need to use the compass in the software.

Im' trying to reach out to the developers for the iPad version anyone have any contacts with them?

DJI? are you listening? This would be such an awesome feature that everyone would love to have!

Yes, add this DJI.

Maybe I should email a link to this thread to the guy who's email address is in the ssh login for the embedded systems on this thing.

rjstone said:
Yes, add this DJI.

Maybe I should email a link to this thread to the guy who's email address is in the ssh login for the embedded systems on this thing.

I have been unable to find any contact info for the app dev.. if you have any let me know.. I tried their contact channels w/o much success.

The guy who is the developer of the embedded systems probably isn't the same one who writes the iOS/etc apps. I'd rather not publish his email address, but if you know what ssh is and know what to do with it you can find it. (Wouldn't be surprised if he were ignoring that address by now anyway though.)

Stevet suggestion would greatly increase the utilisationpossibilities of the ground station funtionality. Dji you should take you responsibility!!

with the sdk out now, im wondering if this would be possible. It seems like you would need to set your drone into control lock mode so it can fly foward but the camera can be pointing at any direction it was supposed to focus on..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31