Look at number of satellites INDOORS!

dirkclod said:
Ericf There is a tread in here on the battery issue . Change it and see what happens .

Thanks! I skimmed that thread but didn't see where to get a replacement battery. I'll go back and look closer. Seems weird it would be dead after only 2 months of use...but It's a cheap road to go down.

Ericf said:
dirkclod said:
Ericf There is a tread in here on the battery issue . Change it and see what happens .

Thanks! I skimmed that thread but didn't see where to get a replacement battery. I'll go back and look closer. Seems weird it would be dead after only 2 months of use...but It's a cheap road to go down.
Is this what you looked at ? viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13766

[/quote] Is this what you looked at ? viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13766[/quote]

I hadn't seen that one! Thanks! I struggle with the search feature on this forum. It is either too common of a word or too many words in my search criteria. I've just been reading everything :shock: Take a look at this one: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34747&p=330945#p330945
It sounds like all the info is similar but no one can agree on that BBRAM or supercap causing the issue of not getting a single satellite. I have even tried leaving my phantom on for 30 min to charge the supercap and then shut it down and try again. I still get 0 satellites. Not sure what else to check as the plug is good and I have tired two different GPS antennas; the stock one and the 5db glonass from digikey. Thanks for the help!

Is this what you looked at ? viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13766[/quote]

I hadn't seen that one! Thanks! I struggle with the search feature on this forum. It is either too common of a word or too many words in my search criteria. I've just been reading everything :shock: Take a look at this one: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34747&p=330945#p330945
It sounds like all the info is similar but no one can agree on that BBRAM or supercap causing the issue of not getting a single satellite. I have even tried leaving my phantom on for 30 min to charge the supercap and then shut it down and try again. I still get 0 satellites. Not sure what else to check as the plug is good and I have tired two different GPS antennas; the stock one and the 5db glonass from digikey. Thanks for the help![/quote]
Really don't know bro :? As for searching though in General D in the stickies there is this and it works great! viewtopic.php?f=32&t=22453#p205474

First off I want to thank everyone here for the info and guides listed.I have tested both antennas do see a increase in performance in my 2 story apartment me being at the bottem in some areas I can get as much as 6 sats or spots are just dead.Testing outside it vary's I'm in Florida and on average i see 6-10 sats take a little drive to my buddy's 10 mins away I cannot get a lock for the life of me maybe get 4 sats.Another thing is these things are so sensitive putting your hand over it immediately kills the signal Not sure of it differs from my car or phone gs but those are definitely better lol.Btw I have also done foil mod and gps cable tuck also saw little to no difference between CGGP.25.4.A.02 or GP.1575.25.4.A.02

I was going to change the GPS antenna but the one I received the stud was to short and couldn't be soldered onto the board. As I live in a tri level my work area is below ground level and with the stock GPS antenna I have had anywheres from 6 to 9 satellites and HL while testing the P2 inside the house.

jason said:
I was going to change the GPS antenna but the one I received the stud was to short and couldn't be soldered onto the board. As I live in a tri level my work area is below ground level and with the stock GPS antenna I have had anywheres from 6 to 9 satellites and HL while testing the P2 inside the house.

Sounds like your stock antenna is doing ok. What antenna did you get where the post was too short? I have the 1126 installed and the post is shorter and a little wider in diameter than stock but it does fit and will solder into place.

Ericf said:
jason said:

Sounds like your stock antenna is doing ok. What antenna did you get where the post was too short? I have the 1126 installed and the post is shorter and a little wider in diameter than stock but it does fit and will solder into place.

Ordered mine through Mouser Electronics same manufacture part number as those from Digikey. Digikey payment was by credit card and Mouser was PayPal.

Same reason for ordering the antenna as everyone else just taking to long for satellite lock. But after putting the original antenna back on and making sure it was soldered correctly I did some tests. Every day I would take it out on deck and turn everything on and using a stop watch to see exactly how long it took to get home lock. Did this for a week and each day the time got shorter until it was down to 27 seconds.

No one mentions the fact that this antenna is 2mm thicker than the original and in order to fit into the shell correctly the support ribs need to be cut down. There are certain times during the day and night when there are no more than 6 satellites available and it's never the same day after day. http://satpredictor.navcomtech.com

wolfm4n said:
" Edit ... just found it here with lower UK shipping http://ava.upuaut.net/store/index.php?r ... uct_id=111 "

Cool , thanks for the link Landmannnn ..... they are only about 5 miles from me here !!!

And shop collection is listed as an option , so I will be popping along in the next couple of days for one :)

cheers

Ian

I bought one from them. Mind you, turned it all on today and in the middle of a brick built house away from the windows I was surprised to see 5 satellites with the original rx. Mind you it took 5 minutes..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers