Look at number of satellites INDOORS!

Turbazz said:
Where is the guide for this mod I'd like to do it!
Does the scroll bar on your web browser work ;)

terrylowe said:
#2. If you start modding, you might not be able to quit on your own. Dirkclod and I are thinking of starting a "modders anonymous" group to help with the addiction..... :D

That train left the station within a week of getting my first P2!

tokoam said:
can you guys post some install pics please :) along with part number of recommend foil.
Turbazz said:
Where is the guide for this mod I'd like to do it!

I bought my 4mm GPS antenna puck from digikey, part number 931-105-ND. Others on this thread have remarked that stronger antennas are available, but don't know if they have been tested.
Here is a youtube link on how to change out the GPS antenna
To de-desolder the connection on your existing puck, you need either desolder wick or a desolder vacuum pump if you don't have either of these yet. It is only one connection, so it won't take much wick.
Here is another thread that answers some questions and has some pics.

While it is open, I recommend doing a foil shield modification.
Here is a good spot to get information on the foil shield modification. I grounded my foil modification too.

ordered both 931-1126-ND and part number 931-105-ND will have to see how both work out I figured for the extra couple of bucks it wouldn't break the bank I will test both and provide my results.

tokoam said:
ordered both 931-1126-ND and part number 931-105-ND will have to see how both work out I figured for the extra couple of bucks it wouldn't break the bank I will test both and provide my results.

Great! Look forward to hearing what you find out.

ianwood said:
What's the consensus on the antennas? Which one should I get?

I don't think there is a consensus. Either should be better than stock though.

terrylowe said:
tokoam said:

Great! Look forward to hearing what you find out.

I have a PV2 vision plus and a P2v1

I installed the 4mm 931-1126-ND in the plus and the 4mm 931-1015-ND in the P2 v1.

BOTH get sat lock inside house quickly. As many as 9 or 10 with the vision plus
BOTH stay locked outside once attained , and get locked under a minute often has lock before I can connect wifi to phone.

Use Either and you will be happy as more secure

zoom and can see 10 sat inside

prior to antenna update --ZERO inside.

I did use the 1126 Glonass compatible antenna on the plus, I am happy as hec

Attachments

• P2V2pluskitchen.jpg
    P2V2pluskitchen.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 353
kirk2579 said:
zoom and can see 10 sat inside

prior to antenna update --ZERO inside.

I did use the 1126 Glonass compatible antenna on the plus, I am happy as hec

NICE! It sure did not take long for you to get them in and installed.... ;)

Is there a option to buy the whole set up as a GPS module? I have a damaged gps unit that I would like to replace.

hellhole said:
Is there a option to buy the whole set up as a GPS module? I have a damaged gps unit that I would like to replace.

Not that I am aware of. The antenna can be switched out, but you are doomed to pay the $165 for an entire module.

is the damaged part the ceramic antenna--can crack
if so then this upgrade will fix that and get better results

BTW I did my upgrades early January when I bought them, My vision would take forever to lock. only took a week to find solution and it only cost about 6.00

The 1126 antenna has 5dbi gain
the 1015 antenna has 3.5 dbi gain
the OEM 2mm has 2dbi gain

kirk2579 said:
is the damaged part the ceramic antenna--can crack
if so then this upgrade will fix that and get better results

BTW I did my upgrades early January when I bought them, My vision would take forever to lock. only took a week to find solution and it only cost about 6.00

The 1126 antenna has 5dbi gain
the 1015 antenna has 3.5 dbi gain
the OEM 2mm has 2dbi gain

+1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik