Longest Recorded Round Trip Distances

Reaction score
I've taken a look and can't see one of these, so I thought it'd be good to have a round-trip distance chart, so mine is to date is 29,196 which is 5.53 miles, stock. Just be interesting to see what other pilots have undertaken on the flights to get the maximum squeezed out of their set-up, but I'm specifically interested in stock units. So, c'mon, let's see your numbers...:smiley:

image.jpeg

If anyone is interested, this flight took place at the old Vickers test airfield site at Oakham, Surrey.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    808.7 KB · Views: 616
Reactions: Mike_Flys
That's great!

thanks for sharing,

Mike

Hate to burst your bubble, but that's not really distance from takeoff. That's what the thread title implies. It's simply total distance in a single flight. I've had a few flights go over 20k get with my P3S.

There is a distance thread in the forum. He listed round trip and one way flights. Those were all with mods though. Would be cool to see purely sock numbers.

This is the farthest I've gone with the P3S. Haven't had the chance to test the advanced yet
Screenshot_2016-07-11-15-15-18.png

Hate to burst your bubble, but that's not really distance from takeoff. That's what the thread title implies. It's simply total distance in a single flight. I've had a few flights go over 20k get with my P3S.

There is a distance thread in the forum. He listed round trip and one way flights. Those were all with mods though. Would be cool to see purely sock numbers.

Errm.... not sure what you mean? The total round trip was 29,000' from t/o to landing so I think the bubble is intact!
Re your second point yeah, that's what I noticed, so like you it's the stock figs I'm interested in, and how they can be improved with different flying techniques, heights etc. without mods. I'm not really interested in how far one can get one way with a massive £300 aerial array on the RC and two additional batteries cable tied onto the AC as I don't have any plans to make any mods...

Last edited:
Reactions: p3s_noob
Yep, Wisley. Presume you don't know it? Huge fight against the Government bowing to commercial pressure to move the site out of the greenbelt to build 4,000+ houses on there.

Yep know it well. Used to train dogs there many moons ago.

E53F66F9-A34E-4252-9C1C-7F99C61F2135.png
I've taken a look and can't see one of these, so I thought it'd be good to have a round-trip distance chart, so mine is to date is 29,196 which is 5.53 miles, stock. Just be interesting to see what other pilots have undertaken on the flights to get the maximum squeezed out of their set-up, but I'm specifically interested in stock units. So, c'mon, let's see your numbers...:smiley:

View attachment 60052
If anyone is interested, this flight took place at the old Vickers test airfield site at Oakham, Surrey.
E53F66F9-A34E-4252-9C1C-7F99C61F2135.png

Attachments

• 2DDBA297-A5D7-4C8B-AA10-0A01AC688184.png
    2DDBA297-A5D7-4C8B-AA10-0A01AC688184.png
    496.7 KB · Views: 358
Reactions: Numone
And then there's me who just loves flying the quad and keeping it in VLOS. Nothing more. Not out to show off or break any records.
Well. Good for you, James. Who said anything about not being in VLOS, "showing off" or "record breaking"? Thanks for your input in this thread...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj