Longer vtx cable?

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone is able to help.

I am installing my FPV setup and would like to house it inside the Phantom apart from the AVL58.

The issue I have is the cable from the FPV Hub to the AVL58 is to short.

My question is do you know where I can get a longer cable from if they are available?

Thanks

are you in a position to return the AVL58 and FPV hub for a full refund? they're widely regarded as the worst option... compared to the other options they add more weight and burn a lot more power for worse performance.

Going with an IRC600 or a Boscam transmitter, you can get a plug-and-play cable that accomplishes the same thing as the FPV Hub for $10 and the cables are plenty long to connect to the mainboard, iOSD Mini installed internally, and then out to an externally mounted transmitter anywhere on the belly.

the ImmersionRC and Boscam have different pin configurations, you just need to get the right cable for the transmitter. Happy to help you make sure you get the right one if you go down that path.
if not, good luck finding another cable if any community can help it's this one!

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately not it came with the Phantom that I purchased used.

I have searched high and low for an answer to see if a longer cable is available but no luck. I have read posts where people have extended the cable but above my level of expertise unfortunately.

Guessing I will have to mount it all underneath which is a shame as I wanted it to look nice and clean with everything apart from the AVL58 on the inside.

Matt

ah yea bummer. if you search ebay for "dji" you will find tons and tons of cable kits and such... maybe if you're lucky you can spot a longer hub cable? sorry I don't know enough about them to help more

mattyessex said:
Wondering if anyone is able to help.

I am installing my FPV setup and would like to house it inside the Phantom apart from the AVL58.

The issue I have is the cable from the FPV Hub to the AVL58 is to short.

My question is do you know where I can get a longer cable from if they are available?

Thanks

This may not be what you want, but I cut my cable and spliced in a long length using solder and heat shrink. It works like a charm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers