Longer legs

Reaction score
ive seen some longer legs on eBay for the P3, but can't work out how to get the wire covers off the original legs, anyone done this mod ?

Not sure what wire covers you are referring to, probably the antennas. They just pop out with a flat head screwdriver with a little bit of prying. You will also need to remove the two small screws covering the compass module and cut it out of the glue. The legs have two screws each and then the antennas will slide through the openings.

Robert

You might also try the black chinese landing gear extending / stance widening gear for $7.00 on Ebay. No potentially wire- severing surgery required. Snap on and off.

Not sure what wire covers you are referring to, probably the antennas. They just pop out with a flat head screwdriver with a little bit of prying. You will also need to remove the two small screws covering the compass module and cut it out of the glue. The legs have two screws each and then the antennas will slide through the openings.

Robert

Glue ? Dam was hoping it would be a simple job, thanks

i have been using the tall landing gear a couple years now better order 2 sets in case u crash.i like them work great.

Last edited:
this is what i use.

Attachments

• DSCN1348.JPG
    DSCN1348.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 215
  • DSCN1350.JPG
    DSCN1350.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 247
A whole lot more work than snapping on extensions. Also, for many, longer permanent legs means it will not fit in their case.

Lol.. just as Gary said... didn't consider it wouldn't fit in the case... I've now got long leg spares [emoji851]

I use the nanuk 950 case it fits just fine I also have a back pack and it will fit in that as well but it depends on ur case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.