Long warm up time?

Reaction score
My warm up times are taking 1.5 to 3.0 mins to complete. Seems like every flight however we are in 80-90 degree here. Works, and I can live with it, but just wondered if this was normal.

My warm up times are taking 1.5 to 3.0 mins to complete. Seems like every flight however we are in 80-90 degree here. Works, and I can live with it, but just wondered if this was normal.
I had the same thing happen to me. It was because the last IMU calibration I performed was done after the quad had been powered on for a while and was hot.

I powered off the P3 and put it in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. Then I powered it on and immediately did an IMU calibration.

Now my warm up times are just a few seconds. I guess the P3 "remembers" the temp when the last calibration was done and waits until the components reach that temp again before it considers itself "warmed up"

Reactions: Shield2160
You can try the fridge method or wait overnight and do IMU calibration first thing to reduce wait time.

I remember the threads about this now. I'll do a new IMU cal before next flight. Thanks for reminding me.

I'm heading off cross country Fri so will do it then even if I do it here earlier. First trip and I am hoping TSA could care less. Transport in DJI hard case backpack.

Enjoy your trip. Get some good videos!

I had same problem. I put it over my AC register on the floor for about 1/2 hour then immediately did an IMU cal. Worked like a charm. IMU warm up is seconds

I guess the P3 "remembers" the temp when the last calibration was done and waits until the components reach that temp again before it considers itself "warmed up"

Is that for real? That sounds kinda crazy, but seriously curious if it is true.

Cool IMU Calibration really does shorten the warm-up time.

Yes, very true. and it is important to work diligently bc the imu has a heating element on it that starts to warm it immediately when turned on. No bs I was skeptical at first until I looked further into it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl