Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Long warm up time?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by logbuilder, Aug 25, 2015.

1. logbuilder

My warm up times are taking 1.5 to 3.0 mins to complete. Seems like every flight however we are in 80-90 degree here. Works, and I can live with it, but just wondered if this was normal.

2. tnijem

I had the same thing happen to me. It was because the last IMU calibration I performed was done after the quad had been powered on for a while and was hot.

I powered off the P3 and put it in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. Then I powered it on and immediately did an IMU calibration.

Now my warm up times are just a few seconds. I guess the P3 "remembers" the temp when the last calibration was done and waits until the components reach that temp again before it considers itself "warmed up"

Shield2160 likes this.
  3. zincsoldier

You can try the fridge method or wait overnight and do IMU calibration first thing to reduce wait time.

4. logbuilder

I remember the threads about this now. I'll do a new IMU cal before next flight. Thanks for reminding me.

I'm heading off cross country Fri so will do it then even if I do it here earlier. First trip and I am hoping TSA could care less. Transport in DJI hard case backpack.

5. logbuilder

I did it last time by putting it outside for 30 mins. It was probably 60 degrees then.

I can;t argue that it needs to be calibrated again.

6. RoyVa

Enjoy your trip. Get some good videos!

7. Christophergh

I had same problem. I put it over my AC register on the floor for about 1/2 hour then immediately did an IMU cal. Worked like a charm. IMU warm up is seconds

8. JoeyJoe

Is that for real? That sounds kinda crazy, but seriously curious if it is true.

9. Fplvert

Cool IMU Calibration really does shorten the warm-up time.

10. Christophergh

Yes, very true. and it is important to work diligently bc the imu has a heating element on it that starts to warm it immediately when turned on. No bs I was skeptical at first until I looked further into it.