Long time listener, first time caller...

Reaction score
What a fantastic forum! I have been reading it since I placed the order for my P3 and it's been extremely helpful!

Please see my first P3p video here -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And my previous P2v+ videos on my YouTube channel here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpqdL-Hz3_GoOYMfIzxzcnQ

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Welcome to the forum, Sandy!

Thanks for sharing with us. Nice work, don't think I've seen a bridge like that. PIA to paint that one!

Thanks

They used to paint it continuously, by the time they had got to one end they had to start again. Now there is some kind of new fangled paint that it's just once every 10 years I think!

Reactions: Fplvert
Thanks

They used to paint it continuously, by the time they had got to one end they had to start again. Now there is some kind of new fangled paint that it's just once every 10 years I think!
That's how thr golden gate is. They go one end to the other then start all over again. Nonstop project.

I'm a union tradesman the painters love that contract haha

Reactions: Sandy MacDonald
Nice vid - makes me homesick for my hometown! (I'm an Edinburgh lad living in Engerland these days!).

PS - I'd be a little careful about posting videos on YouTube where you were clearly filming in breach of the current rules (not flying within 50m of people and buildings not under your control etc.) like your opening shot over Carlton Hill/Waverley/Princes Street) I have heard of at least one person who got £800 fine after police saw his YouTube vid then came after him. Hopefully a rare event but just thought I'd mention it!

Nice vid - makes me homesick for my hometown! (I'm an Edinburgh lad living in Engerland these days!).

PS - I'd be a little careful about posting videos on YouTube where you were clearly filming in breach of the current rules (not flying within 50m of people and buildings not under your control etc.) like your opening shot over Carlton Hill/Waverley/Princes Street) I have heard of at least one person who got £800 fine after police saw his YouTube vid then came after him. Hopefully a rare event but just thought I'd mention it!

Thanks for your comments, yes I was concerned about where I was flying, but I asked some officers (hibs game on so loads there) if it was ok and they had no problem with it. Even got their lapel number just in case there was come back.

What was even funnier was the bridge flight, another set of officers drove past and stopped to have a chat and a look and were very interested.

Reactions: Fplvert
I had the same with police here when I was doing a clip for the local council (freebie btw!). The cops were more interested in what I could see on the screen and how it worked than stopping me using it. To be fair, they don't know the regulations I would imagine!

I've always found people to be fascinated by quads when you show them what you can see. I mirror my screen using reflector on a mac in the car boot, so they can all watch that without annoying me too much.

Thanks for your comments, yes I was concerned about where I was flying, but I asked some officers (hibs game on so loads there) if it was ok and they had no problem with it. Even got their lapel number just in case there was come back.

What was even funnier was the bridge flight, another set of officers drove past and stopped to have a chat and a look and were very interested.

Awesome! Yes my experiences to date are 100% positive with members of the public (no police so far)...long may it continue. I wasn't trying to scare the community - just sharing a real world example tha I though was relevant.

As my friend (also a P3 owner) said to me: you just need to exercise a little common sense. There will be times when you are perhaps not within the letter of the guidelines....but as long as you are not being reckless its unlikely anything will come of it. Sage words me thinks.

Spot on the head there mate, Common sense! I sometimes like to push the boundaries but if there is risk of people getting hurt then its a no go. If I'm near people I try and get launched and away from them quickly.

I suppose in my video there is the risk of fatal error and the device falling out the sky, hurting someone, damaging property. I hope that if that's the case then my liability insurance would cover the damage and no one would be hurt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.