Long range

Hi Pilots...this morning I flew my P3s 2580m (8471ft) stock antenna with windsurfer..ce mode. It was my personal best!

Reactions: phxbird57
Well here is DBS Mods ITELITE Panel for the P3 Standard and flew more than 3 miles. By the way he flew stock 4200 feet. View attachment 40513 View attachment 40514 View attachment 40515
Flptflyer want to get that antenna setup for my P2 Vision plus but I can't seem to locate one. DO you know if that version works with a P2v+? and I understand that the controller for a P2v+ works with a P3s will a P3s controller work with a P2v+ and if yes is there any benefits (range wises).

Flptflyer want to get that antenna setup for my P2 Vision plus but I can't seem to locate one. DO you know if that version works with a P2v+? and I understand that the controller for a P2v+ works with a P3s will a P3s controller work with a P2v+ and if yes is there any benefits (range wises).
Not answering for Flp but yes you can get the itelite for your Plus I have one on my Vision but think your wrong your TX will work with the standard .

Not answering for Flp but yes you can get the itelite for your Plus I have one on my Vision but think your wrong your TX will work with the standard .
Yeah I don't think that's possible as well, although I will try to bind it tonight and get back to you tomorrow! Even if it did work if you already have the new style 5.8 p2 Remote, I don't think the PIII standard remote has any more features!
I don't have anyway to prove it (because I was using my phone to fly and couldn't take the picture )but this screenshot is showing the control signal with this set up while a construction dump semi truck backed in front of me on the closed road I was flying from 8ft away from my controller at 2 miles an hour it took him 20 to 30 seconds to clear my path, amazing!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1460834028.147962.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1460834047.465599.jpg

Reactions: Ed209 and dirkclod
Yeah I don't think that's possible as well, although I will try to bind it tonight and get back to you tomorrow! Even if it did work if you already have the new style 5.8 p2 Remote, I don't think the PIII standard remote has any more features!
I don't have anyway to prove it (because I was using my phone to fly and couldn't take the picture )but this screenshot is showing the control signal with this set up while a construction dump semi truck backed in front of me on the closed road I was flying from 8ft away from my controller at 2 miles an hour it took him 20 to 30 seconds to clear my path, amazing!View attachment 50789View attachment 50790
Holly crap you need a second person to hold the controller. I love it.
I have the older version of the controller with out the wheel.

I don't have anyway to prove it (because I was using my phone to fly and couldn't take the picture )but this screenshot is showing the control signal with this set up while a construction dump semi truck backed in front of me on the closed road I was flying from 8ft away from my controller at 2 miles an hour it took him 20 to 30 seconds to clear my path, amazing!View attachment 50789View attachment 50790
Ok and Thanks in the spec's for the P2v+ it shows
Communication Distance (open area) CE Compliance: 400m; FCC Compliance: 800m
for the P3s it shows
Max Transmission Distance FCC: 1000 m; CE: 500 m (outdoors and unobstructed, aircraft's altitude at 400 feet (120 m))
Giving it 200 m more or I maybe reading it wrong. or the different maybe in the drone.

Reactions: dirtybum

Sorry for the late response, been a busy week. P2V+ controllers will only work with P2V+ aircraft. P3 standard controllers will only work with P3 standard aircraft. If you are looking for the ITELITE antenna panel for the P2V+ this is what you are looking for http://dbsmods.com/ite-dbs01/ For the P3 Standard http://dbsmods.com/phantom-3-standard-solution/

Reactions: dirkclod
The controllers may be not be interchangeable but the antennas for sure are[emoji41]
Very True but the brackets are different.

Sorry for the late response, been a busy week. P2V+ controllers will only work with P2V+ aircraft. P3 standard controllers will only work with P3 standard aircraft. If you are looking for the ITELITE antenna panel for the P2V+ this is what you are looking for http://dbsmods.com/ite-dbs01/ For the P3 Standard http://dbsmods.com/phantom-3-standard-solution/
Thank you for confirming that, I had heard that people have used the P2v+ on a P3s. But you know you can be leave everything you heard on th inter net; )

Dirtybum in the picture Is the coil used for TX or RX

wow 15 that is what I counted too. what range do you get with that. I was looking at one of IBcrazy coils.

5.8 GHz Helical Antenna 9.5 dbic 5 turn Video Aerial Systems IBCrazy HL-5800-5.
I'm not looking to go for miles. I have my P3a for that, I just did a 16k fly today with it.
With the P2v+ I would like to be 1 or 1.5. I'm already able to get on a good day 5600 with the P2v+.

NEW Video Aerial Systems 5.8GHz RHCP 16 Turn Helical Antenna 15.5db gain Red
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1460960207.603812.jpg

Thats an ib crazy 15 turn! Its amazing on the p2v+! I've tried everything. And recently started testing w/ the p3Standard and its freaking awesome on that one too! Now, lately I have been playing w/ boosters but before I owned a booster or a P3 I worked exclusively on increasing the range of my vision plus, and the ib crazy 15 turn gave me 17000 ft UNBOOSTED control range!

Read more about that antenna here:
This is gonna be fun!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1460960134.798447.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1460960134.798447.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads