Long range

yes,your right !... only a proffessional would see the difference,, but i`m not a pro, i bought it because it has the same camera and gimbal as the ph3 pro and i want to use it to make beautiful videos of the area where i live during summer time and get the best videos quality and put them on youtube,,,in the world of drones,,,i`m just a begginner but i`m so hooked on these drones!!!,,, humm,, i may build a bigger one next summer,,just for the fun of it,,see ya
I'm trying to comprehend what you are trying to say.

New here, hi everyone. Got my P3S for Christmas. Best present ever. Still stock, no additions at all and got 6637 feet yesterday, very happy with that. Lost video first then signal, RTH worked perfectly. Have got the ARGtek mod on order from Amazon but have serious doubts about installing it until the feedback turns more positive. Think my range is good enough as it is.

maxdistance.JPG

dirkclod what would you say is the best cables to get for the inside of the radio to get it wired up? Gonna order the dbs panel soon

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Although this wasn't addresses to me, you have an issue if you go with larger gauge extrnal cables: you cannot get more signal to the wifi cards than the internal coaxial can transfer. This is true whether or not one amplifies the signal.
Differences observed between two sets of cables will be due to environmental conditions and quality of the connections.

Reactions: P.Lindblom
New here, hi everyone. Got my P3S for Christmas. Best present ever. Still stock, no additions at all and got 6637 feet yesterday, very happy with that. Lost video first then signal, RTH worked perfectly. Have got the ARGtek mod on order from Amazon but have serious doubts about installing it until the feedback turns more positive. Think my range is good enough as it is.

View attachment 43618
Lol I got mine for Christmas too.

Although this wasn't addresses to me, you have an issue if you go with larger gauge extrnal cables: you cannot get more signal to the wifi cards than the internal coaxial can transfer. This is true whether or not one amplifies the signal.
Differences observed between two sets of cables will be due to environmental conditions and quality of the connections.

Finally someone talking sense. I hope you hang around and contribute more. There has been so much misinformation disseminated here by a particular vendor that it is hard to see any coherent facts about anything anymore.

I flew 1.7miles 9000ft with just cheap windsurfer.
398cbbd723e8ecd941d25a2469acb560.jpg

HI...AS PER WHAT I CAN SEE YOU USED THE ITE-0DBS01 ANTENNA ON YOUR P3 4K REMOTE CONTROL AND YOU GOT MUCH BETTER RANGE,,, VERY GOOD NEWS FOR ME !!!!!! BECAUSE I HAVE A P3 4K AND I E-MAILED ITE COMPANY AND THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY DID NOT HAVE THE KIT FOR THE P3 4K , BUT IF YOU USED IT ON THE 4K AND IT WORKED ,I`M GONNA DO THE SAME,,,,,,THKS A LOT

Your signal is already quite strong... I'm getting full bars...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I flew 1.7miles 9000ft with just cheap windsurfer.
398cbbd723e8ecd941d25a2469acb560.jpg

Had you flown that path before without the windsurfer? Seeing how the windsurfers only increase your control signal (from controller to phantom) and you were able maintain video/telemetry (from phantom to controller) makes me think you would get that distance even without the windsurfer.

Had you flown that path before without the windsurfer? Seeing how the windsurfers only increase your control signal (from controller to phantom) and you were able maintain video/telemetry (from phantom to controller) makes me think you would get that distance even without the windsurfer.

That very well may be. Yes I have flown here before and often. I will give it a shot without the windsurfer and see my results but yes it had a great video feed all the way until the disconnect and RTH I never really let er' go like that before to be honest was a little worried when it took about 5-10min. before i reestablished a connection with the P3S.[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

This looks like the place folks are talking about the Standard with and without the mods. I consider myself very lucky to have a Standard that has very good range out of the box, unmodified. Typical range in RFI (no WiFi) free areas is anywhere upwards of 4500 feet. Recently, I started flying at a lower altitude of 30 to 40 feet. Well planned out BTW. Can anyone explain the sudden increase in range? 9200 feet and, yes, it is repeatable! Increasing altitude by manually activating the RTH resulted in immediate loss of connection.
Screenshot_2016-03-02-09-58-33.png

Here is another flight with a distance of +9100 feet. At low level flying and no mods 6000 feet is under total control. I'm not sure why my drones name changed. I didn't notice until tonight.
Screenshot_2016-03-02-10-04-56.png

Just broke my distance record today with my standard. 6,238 feet. Located on a hill. Coincidentally, my dbs mod comes tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice! I'm pulling the trigger soon on the DBS mod. I'm interested to see the how well the DBS mod improves range from the operators who are starting off with decent stock ranges. I'm seriously considering ordering another remote to mod - and leaving my current remote as is.

Did 4300ft over water yesterday. With some video feed problems but still had rc signal when I turned around. Got my advanced coming in tomorrow. Hopefully can do some comparison test

Did 4300ft over water yesterday. With some video feed problems but still had rc signal when I turned around. Got my advanced coming in tomorrow. Hopefully can do some comparison test

My friend and I were flying together in the same area I got the 9200 feet. He has a Pro and did 19000 feet, 3.47 miles with a windsurfer parabolic attached to his RC. I have no doubt your Advanced unit will out perform the Standard.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic