Long range

It would have to be the DBS01 version for the P3S or P2V+, because the 4K is just like the P3S in that is has both 5.8 and 2.4 antennas. Only the P3A/P have 2.4 only.

hi,,,as per your pictures i can see you got more range with the dbs antenna on your p3 standard , i have the p3 4k , just like (flptflyer) and i was wondering if you used the same antenna ite-dbs01 or ite-bds01 v2,,,thks

No this is stock no mods at all you'll get 2-3x on this range I'm kind of documenting my stock range then I'm gonna mod it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice range on your 4K! Looking forward to seeing how well the DBS Mod works for you-I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. ;)

Went today with my unmodified P3S and flew the length of the lake (1 mile). Actually max distance was 5340 ft. -just over a mile. No signal loss or anything. Turned it around when I hit the mile. Was a bit nervous as well.
BTW...THAT is impressive. A mile bone stock on a P3S. I personally think the P3S is pretty under-rated as an "entry" level craft. Does like 95% of what the ADV/PRO can do once you mod the RC, plus you get a couple more minutes flight time without the VPS (I assume that's why).

Last edited:
Reactions: jointeffort
Thanks. Best bang for the buck right now. I also have a P1 now that I am selling. And while it was great to start with and I could do some close in FPV ( it is the 5.8ghz) , the difference is amazing with the P3S. It seems more stable, accurate and of course almost twice the flying time. The gimbal and camera are great. Miss the cheap batteries though.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

dirkclod what would you say is the best cables to get for the inside of the radio to get it wired up? Gonna order the dbs panel soon

So I found a place that has zero interference and was able to get 4076 feet 1.2km bone stock today. Could of got a little more gonna try for max distance at same spot next time

348e56a77a8abdd27364742e6c395387.jpg

Can't wait for dbs mod lol

In case your wondering, I did not lose signal, it was still strong with 3 bars on both control and video, i told it to go home, first long range RTH test, worked perfect.
So I found a place that has zero interference and was able to get 4076 feet 1.2km bone stock today. Could of got a little more gonna try for max distance at same spot next time

348e56a77a8abdd27364742e6c395387.jpg

Can't wait for dbs mod lol

In case your wondering, I did not lose signal, it was still strong with 3 bars on both control and video, i told it to go home, first long range RTH test, worked perfect.

Let us know how the DBS mod goes. If its good I may get it.

dirkclod what would you say is the best cables to get for the inside of the radio to get it wired up? Gonna order the dbs panel soon

I'm sorry I didn't get a flag when you posted .
These are the ones I got Cables & Connectors but I know you can get them elsewhere
that doesn't cost 10 bucks for shipping . I just don't know where . WiFi experts makes them I think and just looked but didn't see these .
I have always used these as I got them when I ordered from him before and always order more than I need just in case .So I
had some on hand .Look around and you might can find some but these are the one's I got .Have never had any issue's from them so just
haven't searched for anymore :)
added / the 8" ones

No this is stock no mods at all you'll get 2-3x on this range I'm kind of documenting my stock range then I'm gonna mod it.

I have to the the same as well.

I honestly would rather have the Standard, the 4K has 480p live view which is meh

Wait, isn't the Standard same FPV res?
I didn't think they were any different.

Crazy.. Fly it until it turns around ...ballsy

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

The wait for RTH is agonizing. I flew my standard out over water to a distance of 535 meters or 1,766 feet before it lost signal and returned home.
2016-02-07%2021.47.09.jpg

Dropbox - 2016-02-07 21.47.09.jpg

After DBS mod I got to 785.7 meters/2,592.8 feet, but flew it back. I had seen a loss of signal flicker and didn't want to wait for the agonizing RTH flight.

There is a heliport near the end of my flight plan and I may be getting a bit of interference. However, it isn't in our drone no-fly zone for Hong Kong and I'm not certain about its active electronics.
2016-02-07%2016.16.37.png

Dropbox - 2016-02-07 16.16.37.png
Why don't my photos show up?

The interference in my neighborhood is nuts - everyone's home wifi on both bands reach to the street.

Last edited:
The wait for RTH is agonizing. I flew my standard out over water to a distance of 535 meters or 1,766 feet before it lost signal and returned home.
2016-02-07%2021.47.09.jpg

After DBS mod I got to 785.7 meters/2,592.8 feet, but flew it back. I had seen a loss of signal flicker and didn't want to wait for the agonizing RTH flight.

There is a heliport near the end of my flight plan and I may be getting a bit of interference.
2016-02-07%2016.16.37.png

The interference in my neighborhood is nuts - everyone's home wifi on both bands reach to the street.
Cool can't wait till I get mine in.

4k vs 2.7K is not that amazing of a difference.
yes,your right !... only a proffessional would see the difference,, but i`m not a pro, i bought it because it has the same camera and gimbal as the ph3 pro and i want to use it to make beautiful videos of the area where i live during summer time and get the best videos quality and put them on youtube,,,in the world of drones,,,i`m just a begginner but i`m so hooked on these drones!!!,,,humm,,i may build a bigger one next summer, just for the fun of it , see ya!

yes,your right !... only a proffessional would see the difference,, but i`m not a pro, i bought it because it has the same camera and gimbal as the ph3 pro and i want to use it to make beautiful videos of the area where i live during summer time and get the best videos quality and put them on youtube,,,in the world of drones,,,i`m just a begginner but i`m so hooked on these drones!!!,,, humm,, i may build a bigger one next summer,,just for the fun of it,,see ya

did you use the ite-dbs 01 or the ite dbs-01 v2

You would need to use the ITE-DBS01 for the P3 Standard or P3 4K since it has 3 ports.

The ITE-DBS02 panel only has 2 ports and is for the P3 Advanced and Pro with lightbridge.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub