Long range Phantom 2 questions

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been reading this forum, watching youtube videos and whatnot researching what I want to buy for a Phantom 2 FPV setup. At this point I have nothing, no phantom, no camera, no tx/rx nothing at all. I don't have flight experience, all of my RC experience is with custom crawlers. I want to build her up right the first time, not buy stuff then upgrade it. I know its not the most practical idea due to battery run time but I'd like to have the ability to fly at least 2 miles line of sight. With that being said I want to be able to fly in and around obstacles such as buildings, mountains, hills, trees, etc. For this reason I have came to the conclusion I should run UHF for control and 1.2 for video. Im thinking EZuhf transmitter and receiver for control and this transmitter for video http://www.getfpv.com/fpv/1-3ghz-1500mw ... itter.html along with this receiver http://www.getfpv.com/fpv/1-3ghz-receiv ... nnels.html. Clover leaf antennas all the way around. a Hero 3 for recording and for FPV use. Like I said I know this is over kill, the reason for that is for penetration purposes around the buildings and whatnot. Does this sound like a feasible setup? Any suggestions please let me know as I'm planning on jumping into this pretty soon.

So far I am unable to find how to replace the 2.4 ghz transmitter with the ezuhf on the stock controller. Is it possible or am I stuck buying another controller? If I'm stuck with buying another controller I'll just have to amplify the 2.4 controller signal and replace the 2 wired RX antennas with 2 external cloverleaf antennas, maybe one on each side sticking out. Also I suppose Id have to go to 5.8 video 600-1000mw. If I go this route what options give me the longest range and which video rx/tx should I use?

Stock controller will do 2 miles LOS with a 5.8GHz setup. How much range is lost using a 1.2GHz FPV is not known.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31