Long range FPV?

hurseyc said:
Any ideas on what he was flying?
A cessna :lol:

Surely some sort of UHF radio link and 900mhz or 1.2ghz video link, flying low light close to streets in Asia like that is pretty risky. They have powerlines coming out of all sorts of weird places Im kind of shocked he managed to miss them all.

I've just traced his flight on Google Maps and it would appear that he doesn't fly any further than 1.5km away from where he is controlling it. It would appear that he would not have any buildings between him and the UAV, even flying at this height, although he does fly low over the sea behind a hotel about 1.2km away. He flies it fast and upwards at this point, so maybe he could have lost video signal at this point and chose to climb out into clearer air. This sort of distance i'm guessing is within the capabilities of a 5.8ghz FPV. Martcerv, you've been out to this sort of distance if not further. Would be interesting to know what his setup is although I would not be trying to replicate any of his antics! I've only got a 25mw 5.8ghz transmitter on my Phantom and just intend to use that purely for framing shots within short distances.

You see where he is sitting this means nearly the entire flight he has zero LOS and the buildings near him would be blocking the signal the entire way. I wouldnt ever try anything like this on 2.4 and 5.8 you'd need very long range UHF to maintain good control with a full city in LOS :lol: . These setups can do 40km+ or behind lots of objects inside a few kilometers same as a good low frequency video link, on my setup id lose range within a few hundred meters sitting in that location. You could do it on 2.4/5.8 sitting on a roof and staying just above most objects but highly risky. In Thailand I think anything goes too and im sure if he went down somewhere his setup would have been sold on to another tourist within minutes.

martcerv said:
You see where he is sitting this means nearly the entire flight he has zero LOS and the buildings near him would be blocking the signal the entire way. I wouldnt ever try anything like this on 2.4 and 5.8 you'd need very long range UHF to maintain good control with a full city in LOS :lol: . These setups can do 40km+ or behind lots of objects inside a few kilometers same as a good low frequency video link, on my setup id lose range within a few hundred meters sitting in that location. You could do it on 2.4/5.8 sitting on a roof and staying just above most objects but highly risky. In Thailand I think anything goes too and im sure if he went down somewhere his setup would have been sold on to another tourist within minutes.

Martcerv, your right... anything goes! Lets hope the RTH feature is not required. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE3D-hOPm9w

Ksc said:
justsomeguy said:
Ksc said:
thats the same person who shot this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZFw8ebj-P0 ) and you guys called him an idiot.

You have serious memory issues, serious reading comprehension issues, or a combination of both.

Here's the previous thread for reference:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2992

your mother didn't hug you enough or your uncle hugged you too much

Might as well add Justsomeguy to your block list. I did and I don't even see his posts anymore. He had the candidacy to be one of the the board's sociopaths.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl