Long Island NY Phantom Owners

Reaction score
Looking to see if there are any other Phantom owners on Long Island on the board. Picked up my FC about 3 weeks ago. Have about 15 flights on it. Just ordered the EBay Gimbal and keeping my eye out for a GP2 for it. If you're on the island drop a note!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey strgazr27,

I'm on the Queens/Long Island border.

I can be reached at 646 996 7878.

Tony

Hey Matt,

Welcome aboard. :D

tony.......

onfourblades said:
Nassau/ having trouble find good flying areas

Same here, I did some flying in Quogue, ( eastern LI) that was nice. I attempted to go to the Fire Island Light House this weekend, but I felt it was way too windy for my skillset.

The Planting Fields Arboretum in Oyster Bay this time of year will offer some beautiful scenery with everything in bloom- I may try there when the weather clears, this week looks awful for flying.

The same goes for the Sands Point Preserve in Port Washington, some beautiful buildings there.

I am not sure how the management of these parks will deal with Quads on their property, worst they can say is stop, right?

Just got my P2V+. I'm in Brookhaven, south shore Suffolk Co. I'm only here for another month, then off to video tape the world...

I'm trying to fly mostly early mornings to get the best light. Rivers and swamps are great, except I'm still nervous about the potential for a water catastrophe. Slowly working up my nerve for more. Private message me here if you want to play one calm morning. 2 Phantoms are better than one!
d86
link to my first Video https://vimeo.com/93095656

chaznolan1117 said:
onfourblades said:

Same here, I did some flying in Quogue, ( eastern LI) that was nice. I attempted to go to the Fire Island Light House this weekend, but I felt it was way too windy for my skillset.

The Planting Fields Arboretum in Oyster Bay this time of year will offer some beautiful scenery with everything in bloom- I may try there when the weather clears, this week looks awful for flying.

The same goes for the Sands Point Preserve in Port Washington, some beautiful buildings there.

I am not sure how the management of these parks will deal with Quads on their property, worst they can say is stop, right?

You ever want to go doubles and get some footage hit me up on my cell. I'm always looking for good sites.
I just went out to Montauk point, but didn't get to close to the light house itself because I didn't want some guys from the park running up and tackling me with my fatsharks on accusing me of being a terrorist.

I'm in the Centereach area.

Ledboy said:
chaznolan1117 said:
onfourblades said:

You ever want to go doubles and get some footage hit me up on my cell. I'm always looking for good sites.
I just went out to Montauk point, but didn't get to close to the light house itself because I didn't want some guys from the park running up and tackling me with my fatsharks on accusing me of being a terrorist.

I'm in the Centereach area.
Matt 516 380-0351

I would be up for that- I also run 1/5 scale R/C stadium trucks and I find it extremely difficult to fly the Phantom and drive the R/C Truck at the same time ;-). I forsee some nice video coming from Long Island this summer!!!!

I would be up for that- I also run 1/5 scale R/C stadium trucks and I find it extremely difficult to fly the Phantom and drive the R/C Truck at the same time ;-). I forsee some nice video coming from Long Island this summer!!!![/qu

Sounds like fun count me in

Great because it was one lonely summer last go around. For the last year I thought I was the only drone nut on the Island. Well you guys have my # so don't hesitate. Now all I need is the H3-3D that I ordered 3 weeks ago. Getting impatient. Come on you folks in China, work faster!

I don't live in island but if interested there is good and open area in queens flyed bend feld Google it they have feld for RC plans...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I miss spell it... It's floyd Bennett field

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub