Long exposures for night photos

Dronebow - here is some dusk video magic for you. Manual processing as well.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my PT beating heart

Reactions: rowdyjim
Dronebow - here is some dusk video magic for you. Manual processing as well.

Nice sunset shots.

Reactions: jryser

I was goofing off at my family's ranch in Central Montana last week and was really shocked at how well this 8 second exposure came out. Photo was taken about 2 hours after sunset from ~200 feet AGL. The P3 was directly over me and there was no wind. The shadows you see are from the almost full moon.

Looks like daytime.

One more for you Dronebow! Made my first flight on new P3P and edited in Premiere Pro: you might notice a luminary at the top right as the video starts? It was a luminary just like that that took my FIRST P3P for a dive into the lake! [emoji15]

.Works great just take several. Use 100/200 iso and try 2 4 6 second exposures.

Is the exposure time the other dial under the iso? Sorry a newbie to making my own adjustments on cameras usually just use auto. Want to get some awesome shots like these on here

Is the exposure time the other dial under the iso? Sorry a newbie to making my own adjustments on cameras usually just use auto. Want to get some awesome shots like these on here
Here's the adjustment for exposure time.
It's labeled Shutter - how long the shutter is open.
i-wf9VL64-M.png

But if it's all new to you, the Phantom will give you pretty good results in auto.
This was shot in plain vanilla auto ...
DJI_0715-730a-XL.jpg

Meta4 that was a awesome shot! Do you mind sharing what kind of adjustments you have? Is the color set to vivid? How did you get the trailing car lights effect?

Meta4 that was a awesome shot! Do you mind sharing what kind of adjustments you have? Is the color set to vivid? How did you get the trailing car lights effect?
That image is a panorama created from 6 individual frames.
I shot on auto in jpg and the camera selected ISO 1600 at about 1/4 second for each image.
There are some short light trails but also blurred cars and line markings on the road.
I don't have the colour set to vivid but the light you get in that situation is already vivid.

Uauuu.......learning here something very interesting...
Video waht?

Keep it guys!

Meta4, the information you've posted here about various pictures is awesome.

I wonder. Did you have a P2V+ V3 before your P3? If so, could you impart some knowledge about camera settings for that platform? I'd be very interested in taking some night shots with mine if I had some information.

Thank you in advance.

Meta4, the information you've posted here about various pictures is awesome.
I wonder. Did you have a P2V+ V3 before your P3? If so, could you impart some knowledge about camera settings for that platform? I'd be very interested in taking some night shots with mine if I had some information.
Sorry I can't help much. I had the P2V+ and it had the same camera as the later V3.
Unfortunately it just couldn't produce good results in low light. I tried but gave up.
It will give nearly good results in daylight but I don't think I've heard of anyone getting good night pix with the P2V+.
The P3 camera is significantly better ... like pretty much every other aspect of the P3.

Sorry I can't help much. I had the P2V+ and it had the same camera as the later V3.
Unfortunately it just couldn't produce good results in low light. I tried but gave up.
It will give nearly good results in daylight but I don't think I've heard of anyone getting good night pix with the P2V+.
The P3 camera is significantly better ... like pretty much every other aspect of the P3.

Damnit. That sucks.

Thanks for the info Meta.

One more for you Dronebow! Made my first flight on new P3P and edited in Premiere Pro: you might notice a luminary at the top right as the video starts? It was a luminary just like that that took my FIRST P3P for a dive into the lake! [emoji15]

Oh.. so you lost your first P3P?? Ouch!! Did you buy a whole new one or just a new bird?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31