London Pilots!

Hey all,

I'm in North West London, I escape the Heathrow no-fly radius by a few miles.
Bought a Phantom 2 a couple of weeks back and finally got it all set up last week for it's maiden flight (in my back garden) last weekend.

Looking to meet up with like minded folk in a big enough area to really get to grips with it and generally just be a bit nerdy.

Just bear in mind that almost all of London is covered by a no-fly zone in one form or another, so if you are flying with a recording camera, be careful. If you don't have a recording camera, then fewer rules apply, but remember the 50M rule from people or property not under your authority.

If any of you ever want to venture up the A1 to Cambridgeshire, I have access to 10,000 acres of cold war air base to explore, complete with nuclear bunker, air traffic control towers and blown up hangers :)
Quite happy to arrange a mass flying session.

Reactions: vycka and Gordyboy
Jozii said:
I'm looking for any Phantom pilots in the Greater London area. Perhaps we could meet up and fly in a park somewhere in the near future? :)
Hi, I'm in Palmers Green. I 'm looking for phantom pilots to do some each other filming... where are you?

noiseboy72 said:
Just bear in mind that almost all of London is covered by a no-fly zone in one form or another, so if you are flying with a recording camera, be careful. If you don't have a recording camera, then fewer rules apply, but remember the 50M rule from people or property not under your authority.

If any of you ever want to venture up the A1 to Cambridgeshire, I have access to 10,000 acres of cold war air base to explore, complete with nuclear bunker, air traffic control towers and blown up hangers :)
Quite happy to arrange a mass flying session.

Well aware of all the rules and regulations, the pain that some of them might be. Although admittedly my first flight in the garden probably broke some, but you gotta test it works somewhere. Kept it below tree height and between the fences at least.
Wasn't aware of this map until I signed up and started reading around here though, didn't realise so much more outside of what DJI have on their no-fly site was restricted too - http://noflydrones.co.uk/

The cold war stuff sounds great though, and I'd be up for some exploration and photography if a meetup was organised.
Still learning, so the bigger and more open the space the better!

If we get 2 or 3 takers and a bit of calm weather, I can set something up for a weekend.

The site is RAF Alconbury, which is at the junction of the A1 & A14. It was an active base until 1994 and is now an industrial estate. It will soon have a new town built on part of it, but plenty of the original buildings will be retained.

Jozii said:
Busy two weeks coming up, but possibly some day in the week of March 9-15 :) I'll get back to you on that.

March 14 is international drone day http://www.internationaldroneday.com/, could maybe do it then?

Side note, I'll be getting the train as I don't drive. So it is easy enough to get to on foot / public transport?

Sorry can't do the 14th, as I have a Dining in Night and need to sort out my photographic gear.

Best bet is that if we do set a date is that I pick you up from the station (Huntingdon) as the nearest bus drops you about a mile away!

I no longer live in London! I've moved to Leeds, can still travel if we do eventually manage to get a meet up planned though :)

Just came across this thread. I would love to connect with more London pilots as we are starting to get more customer demand out there in and around the city and greater UK area.

Hi guys! I live near Dartford..have a PHANTOM 1 and an Inspire...it would be great to get together! I go to The City every weekend...and 4 times a week stay in Blackheath near Greenwich.
There's plenty of work out there in aerial photography... we should get together pronto!
best regards
Gabor

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31