Locked experienced members section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you make a "Pros Only" or "Experienced Members" section and if locked from us noobs posting, please allow us to read it (view only access). Please break it into topics so it doesn't become thousands of pages of mixed topics that is difficult to search or follow topics. Thanks.

Aren't there ground rules for participation on this forum?

It seems to me that morons, idiots, imbeciles, and sociopaths could and should be banned.

Short of that, each member could block specific members.

gunslinger said:
FLGulf said:
Suggest an alternative: Set up a beginner's section.
Make sure it is easy to find and beginners can ask any question.
The first flight requires a lot of background information and steps.
  • Helpful knowledge on which bird to buy.
    New vs used. How to use PM to contact seller. Many including me thought PM didn't go through.
    Tips on buying: Finding DJI Dealers. Why is it better to buy from a dealer vs DJI.
    Videos / manuals to read while awaiting shipment.
    Video: Assemble bird - which propellers go on each type of motor.
    Video: Download and install software, firmware (propellors off).
    Video: Setting up Naza assistant - calibration, S1 (manual or Failsafe), check, suggested choices...
    Video: DJI Introducing the LED Indicator of Phantom
    Video: First flight: pre-flight checklist - transmitter on first, switches up, battery connected -
    Video: When ready (2-4 flights): ATTI mode
    Video: IOC - Course Lock and Home Lock
    Video: DJI Phantom - "25 Tips and Mods" for your Multi Rotor, Quad Copter, Drone!

The general area would then be free for other topics beyond Phantom 1,2 basics.

We have talked about this type of scenario a time or two and, IMHO, it makes a lot more sense than the topic of this thread and is very much easier to maintain...

-slinger

That seems like a good option.

For all you know there could already be one

Conspiracy theory :shock:

lvzx14 said:
For all you know there could already be one

Conspiracy theory :shock:

Of course not... Nothing to see here... Move along... :D

Just leave it like it is , we were all noobys at one time. Plus I've seen a lot so called experts ***** about fly aways, and it's always pilot error until they have one ! And yes there are morons who shouldn't even open the box let alone fly.
There's been a flyaway thread on RCGROUPS for a long time so it's nothing new with the PVC+.
And I also get tired of the stupid questions that are answered in the manual , if they would just read it.
Best thing to do is don't answer the stupid questions.

There are times I would love to give a "Thumbs Up" in gratitude for the information posted.
It takes effort to organize and write a great post.

FLGulf said:
There are times I would love to give a "Thumbs Up" in gratitude for the information posted.
It takes effort to organize and write a great post.

or copy paste skills , but i digress . .

I don't agree with having a locked area, on a forum.
There's many people with different skills in all walks of life and in the workplace.
I've seen many top people over the years making mistakes, and learning from newbies and fresh young minds.
OK, yes, all forums get comments, and views from people. If your a 'pro, or a 'super-pro' and you see others you wish to communicate with having, what you see as similar skills, views and experience, contact them with private messages, and eventually set up a group list email etc...
I have been into this hobby about 5 weeks now, I have made two PM's and got great replies.
Don't spoil the forum, you can always ignore the silly comments, and advice, but sometimes, in my experience of another forum, you can still learn a LOT from newbies, and others, with less, let's say, communicative skills.
;)

Flying Cephlopod said:
It seems to me that morons, idiots, imbeciles, and sociopaths could and should banned.

Thx, that kinda counts me out.

David DJI H said:
you can always ignore the silly comments

A fact that seems to elude some of our members. Yeah, I know, MIND BLOWING! Also of note: no one is forcing you to hit the reply button either.

I bet that'll cook a few noodles.

OP, ever wish you'd never started a thread?...

Seriously this is a terrible idea and if the forum moderators allow it to happen then they will be signing the end of PhantomPilots...

Here is the major FACT regarding forums... n00bs COME HERE TO LEARN!!... When I found out that I was going to get a Phantom, I decided to come here, search and ask as many questions as I could... Now first off, the search option on this forum doesn't work (I don't know if it's just me or not but I've tried to search for MANY different topics and every time I get ZERO threads), but luckily I have been able to find plenty of intelligent conversations on many of the topics I'd wanted to see. Battery Life, Brushless motor bearings, propellers, etc...

Want to have an intelligent conversation without n00b comments? TRY PM (if you can find someone that will want to talk with you after the entirely UN-INTELLIGENT first post of this thread!)

I hate to be mean, because I am really not like that in person. But this is more than just a terrible idea, OP is missing the whole point of an internet forum. To interact with each other, share information, develop relationships, help one another. It's primary objective isn't to have secretive conversations, keeping all the knowledge hidden out of sight... :? :?

Thanks for everyones input on this topic.
2rf90ts.jpg

After careful consideration, we have decided that this thread will now be the designated "Locked experienced members section" as it requests and the title describes.

If you find that you no longer have access to use this thread, it means you are not one of the two members we determined through random and arbitrary methods to be adequately experienced enough (in what, who knows?) to be granted access.

OI Photography said:
After careful consideration, we have decided that this thread will now be the designated "Locked experienced members section" as it requests and the title describes.

If you find that you no longer have access to use this thread, it means you are not one of the two members we determined through random and arbitrary methods to be adequately experienced enough (in what, who knows?) to be granted access.

Ok... thanks... now... Where were we?

-Experienced member #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj