Lock Duplicate Firmware Update Threads?

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I have locked duplicate notifications of the new firmware release... many of them. Geert has PM'ed me with concerns about this and I have replied to him the reasons. I offered to open this up to mod discussion. I have left the original in "General Discussion" to keep everything in one thread as it affects all P2 owners, not just Vision+ owners where the thread Geert is referring to resides.

What is the general consensus?

As long as all locked posts point at the live post over in General, which I'm sure they do, I don't see any problem with that. As a matter of fact, I closed a report earlier today where the reporter was complaining about all the dupe threads on this topic. It should be available to all P2 owners, so General makes the most sense...

Again... as long as users are directed toward the topic in General, they can read whatever was in the locked topic, before it was locked, and continue on to the ongoing discussion... What better way?

-slinger

Thank you for that reply. I didn't want Geert to think I am harassing him since I also started the thread questioning some of his actions a while ago. For the record, I have no issues with Geert. He seems pretty sore at me right now for locking the thread but I felt it was the best way to keep all the info in one place.

I'll tell ya... after yesterday putting out constant fires in the beta testers thread and fielding several angry PM's about that after I warned them several times. Now today the new firmware drops and it starts all over again. I feel like I have spent way too much time today defending my actions. :?
Oh well, in a day or two this will settle down. Get ready for some PM's complaining about me. :D

LuvMyTJ said:
Thank you for that reply. I didn't want Geert to think I am harassing him since I also started the thread questioning some of his actions a while ago. For the record, I have no issues with Geert. He seems pretty sore at me right now for locking the thread but I felt it was the best way to keep all the info in one place.

I'll tell ya... after yesterday putting out constant fires in the beta testers thread and fielding several angry PM's about that after I warned them several times. Now today the new firmware drops and it starts all over again. I feel like I have spent way too much time today defending my actions. :?
Oh well, in a day or two this will settle down. Get ready for some PM's complaining about me. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not gonna happen. You're one of the rocks that keeps this place stable.

I'm old school. If you never do anything, you'll never get in trouble. If you constantly attempt to do the right thing... you'll always be in the middle of a maelstrom. Nature of the beast, dude.

Doing the right thing ain't easy. but it's still the right thing...

There's more than one of us, because it's inevitable that we'll question our own actions. If I think you're fulla ****, I'll be honest enough to tell you and I'd expect no less from you.

-slinger

Hi Geert.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't want you to feel as though I was singling you out for some reason. I only started this topic because you requested it and I want to be fair in my actions.

All is well and we'll keep moving forward together. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20