location data logger?

Reaction score
I just spent an hour reading clipped replies on vision+ third party prog I would need to pay $9.02? $12? $13? for that has issues with working with firmware updates? no thanks.

dji vision app shows location on screen, so the data must be freely available?

does anyone know of a 'data logger' that will keep log of location real time and store it on phone, where the vision program is running? seems like right way to help find a fly away.

yorlik said:
does anyone know of a 'data logger' that will keep log of location real time and store it on phone, where the vision program is running? seems like right way to help find a fly away.
DJI are ahead of you
Have a look at your app for the Find My Phantom feature
i-pxGhBZj-L.jpg

Meta4 said:
yorlik said:
DJI are ahead of you
The OP is refering to a data _logger_. That is, a system to track and display as lines the drones entire flight path. Not just where it is at one given time.

If you get the app 'vision utility pluis' for like $9 AUD (whatever that is in your currenty, its cheap anyways)
it will log all of the data and much more.. it logs about 16 fields, including max speed, 1.30am can't think of others.
but yeah it does exactly what you want.. it outs outputs a csv file on your phone will the data,.. you can them use the data to overlay in some video apps..so like have your video and then have gauges for some of the field you want dispayed... speed, heading or whatever. or just look at the csv to troubleshoot or see your max speed.

it also outputs another file that can be loaded into google earth and display your flight path.. never done that one but heard it works.

anyways it basicaly does exactly what you want and more.

only thing is.. if you fly out of FPV range it won't have ant data as the Phantom can no longer communicate with the range extender and then your phone/device.
I always fly within FPV range though so not an issue for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31