Locate my drone?

Reaction score
Ok, I have officially had my mind blown. I was just playing with the "find my drone" options and with my p4 inside and the battery out its still telling me where it's at. It takes a few minutes to get the exact location locked in but it still showing up. What really blows my mind is how does my phone know where it's at without the controller? Is it just giving its last known location? Perhaps I'll move it and see what happens.

how does my phone know where it's at without the controller? Is it just giving its last known location?
That feature is locating your Phantom by reading the last recorded latitude/longitude in the flight log on your phone.

a54ba6e773f6b94e7daa8efb2e604228.jpg
That makes sense. From the map it looks like it knows that I'm sitting next to it. Lol

Ok, I have officially had my mind blown. I was just playing with the "find my drone" options and with my p4 inside and the battery out its still telling me where it's at. It takes a few minutes to get the exact location locked in but it still showing up. What really blows my mind is how does my phone know where it's at without the controller? Is it just giving its last known location? Perhaps I'll move it and see what happens.
Yip Awsome feature it should have come long time ago ..would have saved a lot of drones,,it should be factory setting:)

I just tried on my phone app (I generally fly with my tablet) and it said my drone is in China!
Did you send it in for repair?

Reactions: chadrob30
OK thanks. Looks like an update is in order lol.

I had to fly to China real quick and retrieve mine. I didn't even know it was there lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers