Local Company Invents DJI Phantom!

Actually...............RC Toys Draganfly has been around a long time http://www.draganfly.com

I bought one of their first versions about 11 years ago. No gps or anything like that. Just a 3 point gyro and a cheap wireless camera with a range of about 100ft. Things have sure come a long way, the learning curve on that thing was pretty steep

Attachments

• DFSAVS001.jpg
    DFSAVS001.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 380
Voyager11 said:
I just happened to see this post today. I am the person in the video. As usual people make comments without paying attention. For the record, AERIS U.A.S. is the company and I am the CEO. It should be noted that anyone who knows anything about research and development knows that you don't show your face cards. With that said you did not see anything I did not want you to see. I can see you all took the bait pretty good. That article got the attention of investors. Investors signed a NDA and made substantial investments. The investments created a UAS named "Daedalus" it's a tricopter which will be released at the AUVSI convention on May 12th in Orlando. This is the difference between trolls that speculate and those whom make money doing something useful. It is has a patented pending which means it is an idea that does not already exsist. Oh by the way it lands and operates in water. So keep debunking me I love it. Because in the end I am putting my community to work with my production line and paying taxes to support my community. But ask yourself this, how much money has your trolling and speculating made you? I can guarantee you that my last bank deposit was a lot more then yours!

Lol! This guy! You need to hire someone to do your PR stat. Lol :lol: by the way, if you're showing something and describing something that walks like a duck,talks like a duck and looks exactly like a duck and coming on a public forum and calling everyone daft because you call it a goat (patent pending), then I'm sure everyone here feels really foolish for not seeing the obvious. Lol oh man. :lol:

Voyager11 said:
... This is the difference between trolls that speculate and those whom make money doing something useful.... Because in the end I am putting my community to work with my production line and paying taxes to support my community. But ask yourself this, how much money has your trolling and speculating made you? I can guarantee you that my last bank deposit was a lot more then yours!

Obviously you have a serious issue with self esteem-

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much. You can brag about bank accounts, and you can wax Florida Kook conservative on your job creator ********, and point fingers at anyone who questions your integrity all you like, but by coming in here and posting the weak drivel I just read only tells me you are full of it- I call BS, and I submit that if you were so darn successful you would not need to respond to "trolling" on the internet.

In fact, I'd say you are the troll- and as for helping the community? How much tax dollars will go into the local LEO budget to pay for this ridiculous venture? You are not saving the community money- you, like others of your type, are trying to strip the community of money and tax... yeah... sure.... job creator... uh-huh.

You are a tool... nothing more.

I guess the word "Designs" is used much like putting new wallpaper in the Living Room and inviting people over to see the "New Design" [Grins]

Give the guy a break, he found a way to make money from off-the-shelf technology....congrats, I wish I had thought of doing something similar.

He's being paid to assemble various items into a product that works for his customers, most likely people that don't have the time to do it for themselves. How many other companies are doing the very same thing? I can think of several ...............

Never once in that article did he say he invented the quad, so the title of this thread is very misleading.

BruceTS said:
Give the guy a break, he found a way to make money from off-the-shelf technology....congrats, I wish I had thought of doing something similar.

He's being paid to assemble various items into a product that works for his customers, most likely people that don't have the time to do it for themselves. How many other companies are doing the very same thing? I can think of several ...............

Never once in that article did he say he invented the quad, so the title of this thread is very misleading.

Come on man. If he was saying "look what I can do to a DJI Phantom" and "this is what I charge to modify it" that would be an honest businessman. But to make out like you did research & development and then designed it is just wrong and fraudulent. Here is a quote from the story... "The Aegis UAV was designed by Michael Buckley". This is an outright lie... DJI designed the copter, he stuck add-on's to it and spray painted it. If it works like that I think I will say I designed my Corvette, er a, I mean my Superduperrocketrunner! Buy an all new Superduperrocketrunner from me cause I painstakingly designed it all myself.

Also in the very same article this is also mentioned

The research and development model uses off-the-shelf technology — a four-rotor remote-controlled aircraft — with lashings of upgrades to make it rugged enough, and flexible enough, for police special operations, search and rescue, geo-tagging crime scenes and other needs.

If I'm a company doing business, why should I promote another product unless they pay me in one form or another. Heck on my offroad truck there are no stickers unless the product manufacturer or company gives me sponsorship.

Just like Shelby putting his name on the Mustang, he didn't design or built it, just modified it.

The Mustang Shelby edition was still known as a Mustang, also, it was a licensed product endorsement where Shelby worked and was paid by Ford motor company. Not even close.

Im not against a guy doing what he did, it's how he did it I take issue with. There is a difference.

LuvMyTJ said:

Im not against a guy doing what he did, it's how he did it I take issue with. There is a difference.

Precisely- and then the over justification when he came in here and spewed his antagonistic rhetoric. He spouted fallacious reasoning when he moved the goalposts to fit his description of "invention" and then doubled down with his bandwagon bullshyte by pointing accusing fingers at anyone who disagreed with his description only to run off when nobody would drink his kool-aid.

I hope that jurisdiction reaches deep down into it's pocket, pulls out a quarter, and buys itself a clue before this con man bilks them for thousands of dollars... if he hasn't already. Let's be real honest here... of all the platforms you can build for this application- the DJI Phantom is at the bottom of the heap. Flight times, payload, adaptability... expansion... all not existent when compared to even a 450.

No- this guy is taking the easy road, and pretending he is some guru. If he knew his business, he would be custom building 450's with Naze 32 full boards or a pixhawk at least, and programming Taranis radios with FrSky telemetry so these municipalities were not locked into some obsolete tech, and so he could tweak those quads to fly with any setup, in almost any configuration. He could have bluetooth connections for field tuning- I know if I were selling this stuff I would want to be able to train my techs to do field repairs on site- wherever that may be.

No- this is a joke- except tax dollars are paying for it if he is to be believed.

It wasn't the article but his rhetoric in reply. If he simply said, "I apologize and didn't mean to mislead anyone, I was misrepresented by the news media. My future plans are ......... and I appreciate everyone's support and feedback." I'm sure alot of people here would have supported his endeavors. Instead he did the dumbest thing you can do for a budding "company" (notice quotes) and killed any support he might get from the people who would buy his product.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik