LK24-BT Handshake Error - Datalink Air and Ground Units Do Not Link To Each Other

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After I learnt how poor the DJI customer service & their forum are I decided to post a thread here hoping I will receive some sensible response. My problem is with my ground station components.

I will be honest with you I bought the kit off eBay. It does not include the BTU as I thought I would not be needing it cause I was going to use it with my windows 7 (64bit) laptop.

I wired up everything (incl. my iOSD mini) accordingly and powered my Phantom 2 up. Everything seemed working properly. The air module LEDs kept blinking for a few times I would say orange colour then LINK became solid red and the other one kept blinking green. First I thought this was because I did not powered up the ground unit yet, so, I went ahead and connected the ground module to my laptop using that two-connection type USB cable. (Just FYI, I have installed windows drivers, DJI 2,4G Bluetooth Datalink Assıistant and the Ground Station software before I connected the ground unit.)

194206rfxhla3vjvnje6nv.jpg

194220rhf8wsw8mzr9m6mm.jpg

194250tpp6npi866ihcwdk.jpg

194235r98v2hriiocuz8i8.jpg

The ground unit LEDs also started as orange for a few blinks and then I got a solid red on LINK and nothing on the other LED. I said may be I have to run the GS software and try to connect which I did. The software saw my ground unit on COM3 indeed but when I clicked "Connect" I received a handshake error! While the green bar filling up with green during connection trial the RX/TX LED on ground unit blinked a few time but no joy. The distance between the air and ground unit was about 6 metres by the way.

194521z3l0zxlaaaf1z0rx.png

194533brv7nzwjv39iwvri.jpg

193525hhqbzanhrizfdkm3.png

193546tw497ufuu1mwuw3o.png

193604g2u68a333wja8lsa.png

I have connected the air unit and ground unit (and also my iOSD mini) together and then directly to my laptop to see if any of them was damaged but both showed up on the DJI 2,4G Bluetooth Datalink Assistant screen and I actually updated the firmware. As that was the case I though may be the firmware update was the miracle I needed and hooked everything up again but unfortunately the result was the same.

194603wb5s3u9xs8425wus.jpg

193504cy7a4nrbnjvjduwv.png

193509rgkrm3edtnescsy6.png

I cannot get the air and ground unit talk to each other no mater what. And as a note here, my iOSD is working alright when I power the P2 as I can see the flight info on my screen.

194546wsqfg2cfyfa2bboc.jpg

Could any of you give me hand with this please? Do I need to change the settings for COM3 port?

193619d9hcwg2chh95k953.png

Thank you for your time reading all of the above guys.

Change the speed of the com port to 115200.

Hi SteveMann, thanks for the reply.

I just tried that but it is the same result.

first thing you need to achieve is the radio link. The radio link is indicated by the air and ground led on the devices.
no matter the serial port now.
A) if you powered the device without the ground antenna, the RF transmitter may be fried. I read this but i don't trust it because i did it with many devices without problems, included this device. But this is a recomendation, this means that it may happen.
B) I had the same problem that you described, and this is how i solved:
1) plug the antenna to the ground unit
2) connect the air end to the ground end without any other device in the middle, by using the short cable included in the package.
3) connect the usb port to the PC, by means of the included cable (the side with 2 heads goes tot he pc)
4) download last DJI assistant for the 2.4G DATA LINK
5) run the assistant, login, click on upgrade and reupgrade the air part
6) when requested unplug usb port and replug it (power cycle)
7) click upgrade and reupgrade the ground part
8) when requested unplug usb port and replug it (power cycle)
9) unplug the cables
10) remount the air part on the copter and the ground part to the PC
11) move the ground part at 2 meters distance from the copter

At this point my ground part obtained the solid green led (link ok) and a blinking red led (receiving data)

Reactions: tequilero and M3RT
Wow, thanks gaucho.

I'm on holidays at the moment but I'll try that first thing once I get back and let you know what happens.

Fingers crossed...

first thing you need to achieve is the radio link. The radio link is indicated by the air and ground led on the devices.
no matter the serial port now.
A) if you powered the device without the ground antenna, the RF transmitter may be fried. I read this but i don't trust it because i did it with many devices without problems, included this device. But this is a recomendation, this means that it may happen.
B) I had the same problem that you described, and this is how i solved:
1) plug the antenna to the ground unit
2) connect the air end to the ground end without any other device in the middle, by using the short cable included in the package.
3) connect the usb port to the PC, by means of the included cable (the side with 2 heads goes tot he pc)
4) download last DJI assistant for the 2.4G DATA LINK
5) run the assistant, login, click on upgrade and reupgrade the air part
6) when requested unplug usb port and replug it (power cycle)
7) click upgrade and reupgrade the ground part
8) when requested unplug usb port and replug it (power cycle)
9) unplug the cables
10) remount the air part on the copter and the ground part to the PC
11) move the ground part at 2 meters distance from the copter

At this point my ground part obtained the solid green led (link ok) and a blinking red led (receiving data)

I have just installed Ground Station on my new hex and it was all working at first except the map image is very very low resolution.I thought maybe an isue with the google earth plugin or some aspect of it not being compatible with my laptop,so I downloaded and installed google earth to see if that worked and it looked fine.
But,from then on Ground Station would not connect,giving me the same had shake failure/error message as M3RT showed above.
I uninstalled and re-installed all the GS sofware and still got the same errors.
I uninstalled google earth and GS started working again.
So I suggest to M3RT or anyone else in this situation to uninstal google earth if it is installed on your PC.Worth a try at least.

Now back to learning how to use GS and figuring out why the resolution is so poor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav