Live view quality P3p Photo vs. Video

Reaction score
Why quality of live view is lower in photo mode than in video mode? I mean If the photo/video slider in Dji Go app is in right position(video) than live view is great. Doesnt mater if recording or not. But If the slider is in left position(photo) than the live view quality decrease significantly. Photo mode live preview looks like 640x480 Phantom 2V+ to me.

Actually, I have found an adjustment for the video quality - If you go into camera view, and open the symbol in the top rh corner , above menu, then go to "HD", there is an adjustment that allows you to change the video bitrate.

Why quality of live view is lower in photo mode than in video mode? I mean If the photo/video slider in Dji Go app is in right position(video) than live view is great. Doesnt mater if recording or not. But If the slider is in left position(photo) than the live view quality decrease significantly. Photo mode live preview looks like 640x480 Phantom 2V+ to me.
A few people have noted this difference when in video mode versus photo mode, and also as you noted even when not recording. Not only on the P3P but also on the P3A. I see it very clearly change on my P3A when I switch between modes. I haven't yet seen any explanation why this would happen, but it doesn't really bother me too much anymore.

Actually, I have found an adjustment for the video quality - If you go into camera view, and open the symbol in the top rh corner , above menu, then go to "HD", there is an adjustment that allows you to change the video bitrate.
I have tryied it, default was 6, even with 10 I havent found difference.

Last edited:
A few people have noted this difference when in video mode versus photo mode, and also as you noted even when not recording. Not only on the P3P but also on the P3A. I see it very clearly change on my P3A when I switch between modes. I haven't yet seen any explanation why this would happen, but it doesn't really bother me too much anymore.
Im happy with video preview. But If Im taking pics. than the preview quality is not so good. So Im sliding the photo/video slider to video position almost after every pic. If I need see something in high res. Thats annoying to me. :(

Here are some screens. The difference is not too significant cause the doors are so close. But still compare door handle. But If Im flying high or watching objects fare than the difference is bigger. Photo mode preview become to be blury and bricky. Why?

Attachments

• 1452471024409.jpg
    1452471024409.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 454
  • 1452471044266.jpg
    1452471044266.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 423
Yes, a distinct change in appearance when I shift to camera mode. I thought it was due to aspect ratio changes from video to still camera resolutions.

Yes, a distinct change in appearance when I shift to camera mode. I thought it was due to aspect ratio changes from video to still camera resolutions.
I have tried almost all combinations of aspect rations and resolutios. It has no influence. Both pic. I sent are 16:9, I just moved gimball little bit up.... Or do u mean resolution of camera in photo mode vs resolution of preview? I think 16:9 or 4:3 would work but both are not good.

Last edited:
I have tried almost all combinations of aspect rations and resolutios. It has no influence. Both pic. I sent are 16:9, I just moved gimball little bit up.... Or do u mean resolution of camera in photo mode vs resolution of preview? I think 16:9 or 4:3 would work but both are not good.
I would hazard to guess the video feed is cropped at the software level to help with visual stabilization, and to help eliminate camera "shake" in video recordings.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl