Live video wrecking twice escaping an island!!!

Reaction score
I still made it out in one piece!!! So scary though. Go check the video out on my Facebook page below - it was a livestream :) I was flying through all these mangroves trying to get out and hit some branches and DOWN it went! Then with no problems I started it right back up and tried again and wrecked it once more! Still flies like brand new. This thing is durable!!! So scary yet so much fun!

Anyone else survived any crazy drone crashes??? Share!

-with drone obsession from the www.facebook.com/JTCfilms community! Come say HI :)

I still made it out in one piece!!! So scary though. Go check the video out on my Facebook page below - it was a livestream :) I was flying through all these mangroves trying to get out and hit some branches and DOWN it went! Then with no problems I started it right back up and tried again and wrecked it once more! Still flies like brand new. This thing is durable!!! So scary yet so much fun!

Anyone else survived any crazy drone crashes??? Share!

-with drone obsession from the www.facebook.com/JTCfilms community! Come say HI :)

Not on facebook, YouTube channel?

U.K. Side pushing the Phantom 4. Peace

Not on facebook, YouTube channel?

Ahhh so sorry - vid is only on my Facebook since it was live video. However I do make pretty cool Vlogs and drone videos on www.youtube.com/JTCfilms :) enjoy!

Also, is it frowned upon to post a thread to share my youtube channel and talk about some of my vids?

Thanks!

Ahhh so sorry - vid is only on my Facebook since it was live video. However I do make pretty cool Vlogs and drone videos on www.youtube.com/JTCfilms :) enjoy!

Also, is it frowned upon to post a thread to share my youtube channel and talk about some of my vids?

Thanks!

No link?

Haha I left the link for my youtube channel! I don't have the Facebook live video on my youtube so there's no link for it. BUT here is a cool drone video I did on a sailboat during sunset :)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Haha I left the link for my youtube channel! I don't have the Facebook live video on my youtube so there's no link for it. BUT here is a cool drone video I did on a sailboat during sunset :)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I can not see the YouTube link... Thanks

Not doubting you but I can see it. It's in post #4.

I see.
0f72ba6775346578b87d55cc771ba917.png

@hotashes It seems to be a problem with your browser. For those of you that can't see it, put https://www in front of this .youtube.com/JTCfilms in your browser bar (Hope this works and helps). Here's a pic too, just in case.

Attachments

• link.jpg
    link.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
JT badass footage man, from a newb point of view it gets you hooked. Need me some lessons, no charge of course ;) subscribed...

Reactions: JTC Films
@hotashes It seems to be a problem with your browser. For those of you that can't see it, put https://www in front of this .youtube.com/JTCfilms in your browser bar (Hope this works and helps). Here's a pic too, just in case.

STEVE!!! You da man!! Haha thanks for the help! Eeeek I hate when I "share" a link or site and the link is broken or doesn't work for someone! Thanks again man! Hope you enjoy my videos :)

Reactions: Steve7777
Maybe you can begin to share the techniques and suggest hints and tips in the videos ha ha. Keep up the good work.

Maybe you can begin to share the techniques and suggest hints and tips in the videos ha ha. Keep up the good work.

That's a great idea! Honestly my biggest secret would be "Experience is the best teacher!" :) I don't really have any suggestions or tips on getting great video other than having:

1. A cool subject to shoot
2. Comfortable enough on the joysticks where you can circle objects and smoothly pan/move in and out while keeping your object centered in the frame :)

Any other questions about how I did things, let me know! Always more than happy to help!

Reactions: hotashes
That's a great idea! Honestly my biggest secret would be "Experience is the best teacher!" :) I don't really have any suggestions or tips on getting great video other than having:

1. A cool subject to shoot
2. Comfortable enough on the joysticks where you can circle objects and smoothly pan/move in and out while keeping your object centered in the frame :)

Any other questions about how I did things, let me know! Always more than happy to help!

I think your enthusiasm helps greatly, yes you have good control of the bird. I like how you create the jump motion on the videos when the music jumps. Do you take the sd card to your computer for editing? Are you using iOS or android? What apps? Cheers pal

Last edited:
I think your enthusiasm helps greatly, yes you have good control of the bird. I like how you create the jump nothing on the videos when the music jumps. Do you take the ad card to your computer for editing? Are you using iOS or android? What apps? Cheers pal

Hey man great questions!

1. I love jump cut edits... honestly music is the most important part of my edits. I always find a song before I start my edit and then trim a good amount of my clips to the beat (you can see the audio peaks in iMovie where the beat snaps/where I cut my clip) it just makes the overall video flow better IMO!

2. I put my drone memory card right in a memory card adapter and plug it in my Mac and upload the videos. Then open iMove and drag them into the folders I want. For example I'll have a Day 1, Day 2 etc folder if I'm making a week long vacation video and I know where to go for what video and tell the story in Day order of my trip.

3. I use DJI GO app on my iPhone 6s and that's it!

All in all I have a very basic and cheap setup - Canon G7X for my main video and P3S for aerial of course :) and then just upload the files to my laptop, open up in iMovie and edit to the song I found on SoundCloud :)

Cheers!

Reactions: hotashes
Hey man great questions!

1. I love jump cut edits... honestly music is the most important part of my edits. I always find a song before I start my edit and then trim a good amount of my clips to the beat (you can see the audio peaks in iMovie where the beat snaps/where I cut my clip) it just makes the overall video flow better IMO!

2. I put my drone memory card right in a memory card adapter and plug it in my Mac and upload the videos. Then open iMove and drag them into the folders I want. For example I'll have a Day 1, Day 2 etc folder if I'm making a week long vacation video and I know where to go for what video and tell the story in Day order of my trip.

3. I use DJI GO app on my iPhone 6s and that's it!

All in all I have a very basic and cheap setup - Canon G7X for my main video and P3S for aerial of course :) and then just upload the files to my laptop, open up in iMovie and edit to the song I found on SoundCloud :)

Cheers!

Well I'm glad you are happy to share the techniques, not sure if you done it in any clips I watched as they were all good. However just before the beat jump you could create an image fade just before the image clip. Maybe this would give the next clip more attention to the viewer. As I say I'm not sure if you did this already but if not, maybe have a go. I'm happy to give ideas until I get to your level of experience. Believe it or not I already have a GoPro hero 4 that I've had about a year and never used.... Without going into too much detail and taking over your thread I got as far as uploading footage from the GoPro to my Mac and the footage was skippy on my Mac? I just put it back in the box ha ha. Maybe you can help on this .

Well I'm glad you are happy to share the techniques, not sure if you done it in any clips I watched as they were all good. However just before the beat jump you could create an image fade just before the image clip. Maybe this would give the next clip more attention to the viewer. As I say I'm not sure if you did this already but if not, maybe have a go. I'm happy to give ideas until I get to your level of experience. Believe it or not I already have a GoPro hero 4 that I've had about a year and never used.... Without going into too much detail and taking over your thread I got as far as uploading footage from the GoPro to my Mac and the footage was skippy on my Mac? I just put it back in the box ha ha. Maybe you can help on this .

Haha no worries! As long as we are helping someone in some way, the thread is great! :) I'll shoot you a message!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan