live video uplink

Reaction score
I have Cannes cinema edition from DSLRPros. I am looking to do live video uplink to a High school football scoreboard from my FPV.
Does anyone know that I need to achieve that? There is wifi in the pressbox in the stands.
I've contacted different vendors and got prices $35 to $1200.
What will it take to do what I want to do?
Thanks
jcouvphotos

You can get the video feed directly from your monitor - so you just need a $2 cable, or you could give them their own receiver - ideally a diversity type to minimise drop out, which they can have with them in the score board. This will receive the video from your bird directly.

noiseboy72 said:
You can get the video feed directly from your monitor - so you just need a $2 cable, or you could give them their own receiver - ideally a diversity type to minimise drop out, which they can have with them in the score board. This will receive the video from your bird directly.

+1

When I need to do a video feed from FPV I just use a 75' RCA extension cable from the output on the Rx/Monitor to wherever the feed needs to go.

The option of using a 2nd receiver for them is an easier one in a lot of situations, but I'm guessing that if you did that you'll need to run an extension from that to inside the control booth anyway. Your best choice in this situation may depend on where you'll be standing in relation to the booth (or wherever you can patch video in for them), and whether your monitor is on your controller or a tripod.

That'll work as long as it's matching the frequencies of your video transmitter and as long as you can mount it somewhere it will have a clean line of sight to the Phantom :)

Oh, don't forget you'll need a way to power the receiver they use...that one has an adaptor included to connect small 3S batteries.

When you say,"...as long as it's matching frequencies...", what does that mean? Also, what it with the 600mW? Shouls I look for a higher #mW?

Thanks,... you dont know how much I appreciate your help!!!

It's my pleasure! Different brands of transmitters and receivers use different specific frequencies (or groups of frequencies actually), so you need to make sure you have a receiver that will pick up the ones your transmitter uses. You'll need to determine which transmitter exactly is included in the kit you purchased. If you can grab a picture of it we might be able to identify it from that.

My take on this is to simply buy the pressbox another identical monitor.
Specially one that has HDMI output.
With their monitor, they see what you see and all they have to do is connect a line to the monitor and their system.

But you've just pissed off the gods at the FAA and they're gonna come down on you hard with their streaming hot lightning bolts and smack you good.

I doubt you will find an FPV system with an HDMI output - unless you buy a complete Lightbridge setup!

Composite video is as good as you are going to get, but it depends what they want to use it for.

600mW will be fine for covering a sports field. It will do a couple of kilometres and won't sap your battery too much either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers