Live video out for an event

Reaction score
Am looking for a way to take live video from P2V+ to ground for real-time viewing. We'd like to get a live aerial of a concert onto the jumbotrons at the event.

Anyone do something like this? Am looking to get high-quality video (not something like Airplay mirror, which I've tried), so prefer video receiver to be 720P or higher, SDI or HDMI. Would require a separate onboard transmitter for the video, but can you tap into the video from the P2V+ camera?

Just looking for ideas/products.

Thanks!

I hope you have amazing insurance to fly over a concert and a crowd of people. In my opinion, nice thinking but very stupid idea. Would you hold a lawmower over that same crowd by a string?

Safety concerns aside since you never said you are going to fly over crowds,
the DJI LightBridge I believe is currently the only hobby/serious enthusiast priced system.

It goes for about $1600 USD.

Things change fast and maybe there are other options now. ;)

N017RW said:
Safety concerns aside since you never said you are going to fly over crowds,
the DJI LightBridge I believe is currently the only hobby/serious enthusiast priced system.

It goes for about $1600 USD.

Things change fast and maybe there are other options now. ;)

Very true and back on topic,

At the release event for the pv2+ dji had a lightbridge connected to the pv2+ so it could send its live video to tv screens. It didnt utilise the full full lightbridge functions but it seemed to fit the purpose of use. You would be better off using a p2 with gopro and lightbridge for what you want. It will probably cost around $3k for the proper setup but if the concert organisers can make a **** load of money from the event im sure you can charge them accordingly.

Just to add the lightbridge will send full hd to any screen when connected properly. I'd be worried about interference from the video lightbridge to the jumbotron and from the transmitter to the phantom over such a large crowd and with all the other elictrical and wireless devices that will be working too. Maybe an expert I this field could chime in?

Drone would be behind the crowd, or to the side of crowd over a river, not directly above.

I see Lightbridge, but wasn't sure if it could tap directly into P2V+ camera. It doesn't seem to specify. Thought this may only work with GoPro/HDMI cable, and wasn't sure if control has to go through Lightbridge or whether it's optional.

Just spit-balling ideas. Could go with P2 with GoPro, but I already have a P2V+ in-house, which is why I was curious if there's a way to do it with this machine.

Thanks

You can build your own bird and get this done around $3k to say hello. You'd want a gimbal and a transmitter. P2V+ is an already-built consumer system. You want a system in parts you can add on to.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Just to add the lightbridge will send full hd to any screen when connected properly. I'd be worried about interference from the video lightbridge to the jumbotron and from the transmitter to the phantom over such a large crowd and with all the other elictrical and wireless devices that will be working too. Maybe an expert I this field could chime in?

When multirotors fail they dont just drop straight down

[FULL] Drone Crashes into Crowd at Great Bull Run: http://youtu.be/PTlFk0IZ6VY

HEXACOPTER CRASHES INTO CROWD ! MUST WATCH: http://youtu.be/-6fY-py-djU

MULTIROTOR DRONE CRASH: http://youtu.be/ZpwS15-c3zQ

Drone Strikes Wedding, Hits Groom in Face #N3: http://youtu.be/def16khqPr4

Just for your consideration mate. If it goes ahead I wish you the best of luck and hope you share the footage.
http://www.suasnews.com/2013/09/25136/m ... owd-spain/

Indeed. We'll have to take a careful look at site/logistics/distances/interference potential to see if aerials are possible for this event.

I can't believe someone would unnecessarily risk driving their car down the street to the 7 eleven when they could just walk. Cars kill people... Yes, there is risk in all that we do. We've been down this road before in other threads. I don't judge someone as 'stupid' for mentioning wanting to video a concert with a drone. How it's performed and managed wasn't discussed. To caution someone is one thing, but to judge is something totally different. In my opinion, for an experienced flyer, it can be just as dangerous to fly a drone far away from people but still within range, as flying in closer proximity to people, because if someone is truly 'in control' of the phantom, then the real risk is in the other 'unknowns' i.e. fly aways... yes, one could make the argument that the risk to people is much higher the closer we are to people when we fly... but lets be honest, most of us are flying these in some level of proximity to people... one will argue, "yes, but we're talking about flying a drone in a densely populated area".. it's all about risk management... There are real planes that fly over heavily populated areas for the purpose of taking aerial photos and videos all the time... we could equally argue about that and how much damage a real plane could cause... An experienced flyer, RC or manned pilot, should always assess the risk based on the situation and his/her skill level and will ultimately assume the responsibility in one way or another for the consequences of his/her actions.

srandall25 said:
I can't believe someone would unnecessarily risk driving their car down the street to the 7 eleven when they could just walk. Cars kill people... Yes, there is risk in all that we do. We've been down this road before in other threads. I don't judge someone as 'stupid' for mentioning wanting to video a concert with a drone. How it's performed and managed wasn't discussed. To caution someone is one thing, but to judge is something totally different. In my opinion, for an experienced flyer, it can be just as dangerous to fly a drone far away from people but still within range, as flying in closer proximity to people, because if someone is truly 'in control' of the phantom, then the real risk is in the other 'unknowns' i.e. fly aways... yes, one could make the argument that the risk to people is much higher the closer we are to people when we fly... but lets be honest, most of us are flying these in some level of proximity to people... one will argue, "yes, but we're talking about flying a drone in a densely populated area".. it's all about risk management... There are real planes that fly over heavily populated areas for the purpose of taking aerial photos and videos all the time... we could equally argue about that and how much damage a real plane could cause... An experienced flyer, RC or manned pilot, should always assess the risk based on the situation and his/her skill level and will ultimately assume the responsibility in one way or another for the consequences of his/her actions.

And your point is??? I bet you reply, hook line and sinker.....

A. Yes it is a dumb *** idea to fly near or around huge crowds of people.

B. After me saying that I gave some proper advice.

C. I'm just putting the point across to be devil's advocate to see if the OP is ready if the worst happens.

D. Are you really comparing the safety records of a registered aircraft with maintenance records and a fully trained REAL pilot with hundreds if not thousands of hours flying REAL aircraft with even more hundreds of hours flight training to a person who can buy and fly a phantom off the shelf who is brainless? Which category are you in?

E. My main thing is that people have been flying RC planes and Helis for a few decades now, do they fly them over city streets? Concerts? Public events? Answer is a big fat NO. Reason being is they have respect and understanding for their hobby. With the invention of this new age of multicopters with gps an 8 year old child can fly them, in fact my 8 year old is very proficient at flying my Phantom, but only where it is safe, away from people and under strict supervision. This does not give you any god given **** right to make you even think you should fly it anywhere you **** please. If you dont have respect enough for other people around you, you should not be allowed to own anything that can fly. **** sake, cop on. My saying is, PHANTOMS ARE READY TO FLY OUT OF THE BOX, NEW OWNERS ARENT READY TO FLY.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
And your point is??? I bet you reply, hook line and sinker.....
Was that suppose to deter me from replying? lol I can respect your opinion without the use of profanity. I can't honestly say I disagree with all you've said, but I certainly wouldn't call anyone stupid for flying a drone near people. There are precautions one can take to mitigate risk and ensure folks are educated when operating around them. I do believe you can fly an RC quadcopter near people and still have respect. Like I said, you have to assess the situation and manage the risk according to your own experience and skill-set. I'm sure this gentleman who started this thread will be assessing the situation and determining a proper safe way to accomplish what he is after or at least I would hope so. As mentioned earlier, he never said he was planning to fly directly overhead of people, but you immediately jumped to that conclusion, just like you conclude flying near people in any fashion can't still be safe... I guess we can just agree to disagree on that one...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4