Little trick! ( make life easier )!

Status
Not open for further replies.
davemcm said:
It really doesn't take a genius to do something like this. It takes a very little amount of common sense, and if you don't possess this, IMO you should not be flying at all.

LOL That's a bit harsh and a bit rich preaching about common sense from someone who ranged tested his new setup at night and lost his Phantom in the process ;)

xgeek said:
davemcm said:
It really doesn't take a genius to do something like this. It takes a very little amount of common sense, and if you don't possess this, IMO you should not be flying at all.

LOL That's a bit harsh and a bit rich preaching about common sense from someone who ranged tested his new setup at night and lost his Phantom in the process ;)

I knew what I was doing, aware of the risks, and willing to accept the consequences. That's different to having common sense.

J Dot said:
DAVEMCM,
Your NEGATIVITY IS NOT WELCOME ON MY POSTS! I'm going to ONLY ask you this ONCE!
Please do not bomb my posts, or I WILL have you Banned!
( upon reviewing your old posts, I see bombing posts, is not a new thing with you! )
The choice is Yours!

Thank you!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

I'm welcome to my opinion on any posts made on this forum, by you or otherwise. If you are not willing to accept this, then do not post. Or you could also use the built in functions of this forum for ignoring a particular person, and not seeing any of their posts.

You will have me banned? I'd love to see how that's going to happen.

"Oh I posted what I thought was a helpful tip on a forum and someone had a different opinion than me, could you ban him please?" LOL

It was an obvious tip but it's put out there to help (helping is good). What's common sense to some are visions of insite to others, I spent a day flying over water two weeks ago and after reading here the horror stories I do wonder what I was thinking now.
Doing that with a $2000.00 "not a toy" really wasn't clever, stupid is what stupid does and we all suffer from that.

Good post and keep showing the obvious to us, I know I need it because sometimes it's not obvious.

Look DAVECMC,
I posted this tip, to help our friends out here,
If you look above , you will see I have at least
3 ( confirmed ) people I helped , possibly more,
Who did not post? So my post was helpful! ( at least
To those 3 individuals )

You posted:
davemcm said:
Also thought this would be common sense for most. If you haven't been doing that, and have been peeling off and putting them back on each time, then you probably shouldn't be flying :lol:

And

So,
How many people did YOU help with these statements?
Cause it looks like ( if we did not know this, we are STUPID, and
Should NOT BE FLYING )

As you can see, it is HURTFUL, and DISRESPECTFUL,
To me, and my friends here!

We do not treat your posts with disrespect, please show
Us the SAME! Thank you!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

It has never occurred to me to open my Phantom to inspect it. Couldn't you also cause problems by repeatedly taking the top off and back on?

DJI doesn't suggest this, do they?

I can see the point of people who are looking inside their Phantoms. On the other hand, given the complete lack of understanding and knowledge that many Phantom owners exhibit I wonder if it is a good idea to encourage them to be opening them up. Possible they could do more damage than good.

J Dot said:
So,
How many people did YOU help with these statements?
Cause it looks like ( if we did not know this, we are STUPID, and
Should NOT BE FLYING )

As you can see, it is HURTFUL, and DISRESPECTFUL,
To me, and my friends here!

We do not treat your posts with disrespect, please show
Us the SAME! Thank you!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Forums and the internet are not for the sole purpose of helping people, they are here for people to have discussions and express their own opinion.

My posts were not intended to help people, or hurt anyone for that matter.

I never once called anyone stupid, so not sure where that is coming from.

I was simply expressing my opinion that something as obvious as your tip was common sense, and that if you do not possess such common sense, then you probably shouldn't be flying a 4 rotor, 1kg, 9000rpm blade spinning "toy" that has the potential to do serious damage or even kill.

Also, if you felt hurt and disrespected by someone expressing their opinion on the internet, then you need to chill the **** out. The internet is full of complete assholes, much worse than me, who aren't very nice people at all. Learn to not give a **** what some random person on the other side of the world who doesn't know a thing about you thinks and you'll have a much more pleasant experience.

chad556 said:
Great idea! Thanks for sharing. On a side note, I really wish the moderators would start banning the trolls in this forum.

If you'd like us to start banning the trolls in this forum, it might be wise for you to PM us regarding who you think the trolls ARE...

Thanks...
-slinger

davemcm said:
J Dot said:
DAVEMCM,
Your NEGATIVITY IS NOT WELCOME ON MY POSTS! I'm going to ONLY ask you this ONCE!
( upon reviewing your old posts, I see bombing posts, is not a new thing with you! )
The choice is Yours!

Thank you!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

I'm welcome to my opinion on any posts made on this forum, by you or otherwise. If you are not willing to accept this, then do not post. Or you could also use the built in functions of this forum for ignoring a particular person, and not seeing any of their posts.

"Oh I posted what I thought was a helpful tip on a forum and someone had a different opinion than me, could you ban him please?" LOL

This is exactly the type of discussion we don't need on this forum and we will no longer accept on this forum. If you have something negative to type... don't type it. If you have a problem with someone on this forum, please feel free to let a moderator know and we can look into it. If we feel action should be taken, it will be.

Adam is no longer the only moderator on this forum... A number of members have accepted the chore of helping out with moderation chores.

Please use this forum to offer help or tips or anything else that you think might benefit the community. If someone is trying to help, it's unwise to make negative comments about the offer, since you're really not adding anything positive to the discussion. It just creates needless controversy and off topic comments that no one needs to wade through.

We're supposed to be here to help each other out with any issue related to the subject of any particular forum. We're not here to denigrate someone else's contributions. There will be differences of opinion. There will be controversy. That's healthy. Making negative comments... isn't.

Actually... I'm one of those guys who kept pulling the stickers off when I pop the top to inspect the innards... :oops: Thanks for the tip, J Dot... :)

Repetitive negative comments may very well get you banned. Things will be changing in these forums. Please comply with the changes. And I think the majority of you will thoroughly enjoy the changes.

-slinger

gunslinger said:
davemcm said:
J Dot said:
DAVEMCM,
The choice is Yours!

Thank you!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

This is exactly the type of discussion we don't need on this forum and we will no longer accept on this forum. If you have something negative to type... don't type it. If you have a problem with someone on this forum, please feel free to let a moderator know and we can look into it. If we feel action should be taken, it will be.

Adam is no longer the only moderator on this forum... A number of members have accepted the chore of helping out with moderation chores.

Please use this forum to offer help or tips or anything else that you think might benefit the community. If someone is trying to help, it's unwise to make negative comments about the offer, since you're really not adding anything positive to the discussion. It just creates needless controversy and off topic comments that no one needs to wade through.

We're supposed to be here to help each other out with any issue related to the subject of any particular forum. We're not here to denigrate someone else's contributions. There will be differences of opinion. There will be controversy. That's healthy. Making negative comments... isn't.

Actually... I'm one of those guys who kept pulling the stickers off when I pop the top to inspect the innards... :oops: Thanks for the tip, J Dot... :)

Repetitive negative comments may very well get you banned. Things will be changing in these forums. Please comply with the changes. And I think the majority of you will thoroughly enjoy the changes.

-slinger

People are not allowed to be negative now? This has just to be one big happy place where everyone compliments each other on how good they are?

If you could please point out what exactly was wrong / negative / not allowed about what i said?

gunslinger said:
davemcm said:
J Dot said:
DAVEMCM,
The choice is Yours!

Thank you!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

-slinger

Also, if you feel that I should be banned for simply saying that someone with no common sense shouldn't be flying an rc aircraft, then please, instantly, ban me now.

Since this thread is no longer productive...
2rf90ts.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20