Little Planets!

Start the drone
Connect the device
Start litchi
Fly
Do whatever you want
Land
Good to hear that you don't need to switch between apps. So ultimately the only thing you're lacking in Litchi is the sensor calibration and the firmware updates?

Going to try to make my first little planet tonight

Reactions: maseman88
Good to hear that you don't need to switch between apps. So ultimately the only thing you're lacking in Litchi is the sensor calibration and the firmware updates?

Going to try to make my first little planet tonight

I believe so.. also, you can't monitor the batteries like you can in DJI Go.

Personal preference, depends on the area too I guess. Try experimenting with different altitudes and see what works best. I usually take mine from about 30m (100 feet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was the Trafalgar Square photo taken at approx 30m? For some reason it looks a lot higher but that might be due to the wide focal length lens.

Reactions: PaulJohn
Guys ever since the OP posted this I have been obsessed with little planets. I think this is the coolest form of photography. I've experimented taking a bunch of shots at my house here in Florida. This is my favorite one. I call it Planet Norman. :D I am thinking about having it blown up and printed on a big poster board and hang in my office. Oh and yes, before anyone says anything, I know I am missing some shingles. lol

AiLJnBc.jpg

Guys ever since the OP posted this I have been obsessed with little planets. I think this is the coolest form of photography. I've experimented taking a bunch of shots at my house here in Florida. This is my favorite one. I call it Planet Norman. :D I am thinking about having it blown up and printed on a big poster board and hang in my office. Oh and yes, before anyone says anything, I know I am missing some shingles. lol

AiLJnBc.jpg
Really cool. Awesome job. I'm on the warpath now to get some shots tonight,

If you don't mind me asking how do you get the clouds in the shot without the props?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you don't mind me asking how do you get the clouds in the shot without the props?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's part of the magic of the software. None of the shots were taken above 0 degrees gimbal pitch, so no props were in frame at any time. I also used an ND8 filter with 12 shots per row for a total 0f 38 overlapping frames to stitch. (The extra 2 for the ground)

Reactions: PaulJohn
I tried Making my own planet which turned out pretty decent. I used ICE to stitch the photos 26 total. But on mine only the planet is shown but is all black surrounding it. I guess in a way it looks like an actual planet in space because there are no clouds at all only Darkness.

I tried Making my own planet which turned out pretty decent. I used ICE to stitch the photos 26 total. But on mine only the planet is shown but is all black surrounding it. I guess in a way it looks like an actual planet in space because there are no clouds at all only Darkness.

Thats how mine was on PTgui at first, but I found these little slider adjustments on the vertical and horizontal. I was able to trim it back to get rid of all the blackness and just have it show a framed planet. Even then I still have a little bit of black in the corners that I just photo-shopped out.

I'm new to litchi and ran my first waypoint mission yesterday. Hard to trust it at first but confidence builds with letting it do what it's programmed to do

For little planets. I see in pano settings the sphere custom and a slider for photos per row. I set to 10

I don't see where I can add the two "additional" photos straight down. Can someone help me? Is there any trick to the setting of wait time before or after each photo?

Thanks in advance. Those photos look so great!

AiLJnBc.jpg
Nice one! Looks very eco friendly [emoji1][emoji269]
How many shots is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's one I shot last weekend up in Washington:

lilliwaup_planet.jpg

This one is processed with PanoramaStudio 3 Pro from 26 shots using Litchi and P4.
Very cool shot Hoover, and SAFE for the drone community. Posting shots that can be perceived as reckless doesn't help our common goal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers