Little planet, panorama, and time lapse features, where is it??

Reaction score
Hi all :-D

I'm a totally newbie here and at drone flying, I bought my very first drone, a Phantom 3 4K Professional for about 3 weeks ago now. Immediately I was so surprised how easy it was to fly and maneuver, to take off and to land.
I've been working as a professional photographer the last 20 years so I'm not new to photography or the new technologies that has evolved since the digital era startet. But when it comes to drone flying I'm all green!..
My question for now is that I read somewhere that in the GO APP there's several features like the POI, follow me mode, panorama, way points, Little Planet and a time lapse feature.
I can't locate the Little Planet, the panorama or the time lapse feature anywhere, and I've been searching high and low for it, (although not literally...) ;-).
So my question is, where do I find the Little Planet feature, the panorama feature and the time lapse feature????
What am I missing???
I would really appreciate your help with this!

Thanks in advance!!!

Any other advice(s) are more than welcome!! After all I'm totally new to this and hasn't much clue of what I'm doing yet!... ;-)

Cheers
Patrick

A couple of my sites you can see what my work is like;
www.patrickpphotography.com
wwwFacebook.com/patrickpphotography

The time lapse feature is in the DJI Go app under the camera settings. Connect your controller to the drone and open the DJI GO app, click on the menu button on the right side of the screen for the camera settings. Click on photo, and the settings for time lapse should be there, the time lapse is called interval, you can set the number seconds between shots.

Last edited:
So my question is, where do I find the Little Planet feature, the panorama feature?
I don't think any camera can create a little planet.
It's something you do in software after taking a 360° series of photos
Google will show you how.
And the Phantom has no feature to create panoramas either but it is a very good tool to capture images that you can use to create panoramas.
There are one or two add-on apps that may assist in shooting the panorama images but it's easy to do yourself.

There are a number of apps that can stitch frames to create a little planet style rendering. I use and have had pleasing results with PtGUI.

As to acquiring images- as has been pointed out, its not difficult to do manually. Several apps can automate the process, DronePan (iOS and free) and litchi perform well. There are no doubt other apps.

Give yourself a generous overlap, I find 40% is good. As you likely know from your terrestrial shooting shooting in manual and keeping the same EV for all frames in the set will give you the most natural looking results.

DronePan is a free app that will automate the process for you.

You can then use Photoshop, PTgui, or another graphics software to make you Little Planets.

Google has some slick tutorials.

Good luck!!

All the things you need to do can be automated and accomplished with the litchi app, not DJI Go app (it's possible but not ideal for these tasks). Go here. Once you have the shots you can stitch them together with PTGui, found here. For little planets make sure you tell Litchi to do a 3 row spherical panorama. Help and documentation can be found here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj