Little crack in one arm under motor

just called my dealer. says I'd have to work with DJI. So, I'll call them and wait 25 minutes for call Q and see what they say.

Reactions: downshift
i have cracks in mine. thought i did it when i put some prop guards on. discovered the cracks when i took them off. not going to even bother going back to my dealer as they (and DJI) would probably attribute it to overtightening of the screws. i'll just glue it and wait for replacement shells. i may put the detachable prop guard part back on to act as a washer of sorts to more evenly distribute the pressure/load.

i decided to contact my dealer. i had already notified him that DJI said not to use Phantom 2 prop guards, so i let him know that i think the cracks were from using the wrong prop guards that he had sold me. hopefully he or DJI will fix it for me.

i decided to contact my dealer. i had already notified him that DJI said not to use Phantom 2 prop guards, so i let him know that i think the cracks were from using the wrong prop guards that he had sold me. hopefully he or DJI will fix it for me.
The screws you install the prop guards on and the screw beneath that crack are totally different...

Reactions: J0ck0
Never have an issue on my P1. Over 100 flights, no cracks. No issues on my p2 vision plus v3 90 flights no cracks.

Are you guys balancing your props?, if not there is your problem.

Never have an issue on my P1. Over 100 flights, no cracks. No issues on my p2 vision plus v3 90 flights no cracks.

Are you guys balancing your props?, if not there is your problem.

It's crappy plastic dji uses: that's a problem. When I'm paying about 1300EUR for "ready to fly" drone and using included props, I'm assuming I should just put original props on and fly. Nowhere in manual mentioned we should balance props before fly. Also, mine Phantom shell cracks are on upper shell part, where screws goes, so I don't believe its related to props balancing.

It's crappy plastic dji uses: that's a problem. When I'm paying about 1300EUR for "ready to fly" drone and using included props, I'm assuming I should just put original props on and fly. Nowhere in manual mentioned we should balance props before fly. Also, mine Phantom shell cracks are on upper shell part, where screws goes, so I don't believe its related to props balancing.

Unbalanced props will cause a lot of vibration and all props should be balanced. Will stop most of the vibration, it's the vibration will cause cracks as it transmits it to the motors which will crack the shell around the motors. It's also silly to assume you should not balance your props. Every video says it's a must. You will find your props won't be balanced out of the box.

Unbalanced props will cause a lot of vibration and all props should be balanced. Will stop most of the vibration, it's the vibration will cause cracks as it transmits it to the motors which will crack the shell around the motors. It's also silly to assume you should not balance your props. Every video says it's a must. You will find your props won't be balanced out of the box.

Could you, please, point to dji Phantom manual (not some amateur youtube video) where are clearly noted that we should balance original dji props before fly ? Maybe I miss something, but didn't find any mention about this in manual and, in my opinion, it's dji job, not ours ;) But, if you are right and dji original props are coming unbalanced, that's another shame on dji.

4 out of 8 of my props were unbalanced from new ony P3P, balanced before first flight. No cracks so far after 16 flights.

What way do you guys balance props im in the uk p3p owner please what do i need to balance props thanks

You need a prop balancing rod, look on ebay. To balance you can either buy a prop balancer like dubro or just use a glass on a perfectly level surface, plenty of videos on youtube.

I use a very fine sandpaper, take it off the thick edge.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20