Little advice

Hi all

...flew to 80m took some pics then lost signal and had to fly back to 20m to regain signal.
If you had no signal, how were you able to fly it back to regain signal? As usual, I'm confused.

@Meta4 Thanks for that I was told that i would be best calibrating the compass before every flight in a new area. so if i dont get a prompt to calibrate do you suggest that i should not need to do this.

I struggled to get calibration but we have nothing much on site in the way of structural steel, reins=forced concrete the plant was parked well away from me but the GPS base station in the office was still running and the dozer had the GPS receivers attached.

thanks

sam

"GPS base station in the office was still running and the dozer had the GPS receivers attached."

What is a GPS base station?

How do you know you are loosing GPS?
Because you loose Video and or Telemetry?
I could see that the equipment "dozers" could be using GPS receivers, but there location would be sent back to the office VIA maybe WiFi?

Please update us.

Rod

"GPS base station in the office was still running and the dozer had the GPS receivers attached."

What is a GPS base station?

How do you know you are loosing GPS?
Because you loose Video and or Telemetry?
I could see that the equipment "dozers" could be using GPS receivers, but there location would be sent back to the office VIA maybe WiFi?

Please update us.

Rod
"sent back to the office VIA maybe WiFi?" or cell signal most likely.

Yeah, cell signal sounds better.

Hi all

Sorry been busy this weekend.

@RodPad From the knowledge I have the base station is the main GPS receiver which then boosts the signal for the plant on site making them accurate to +/- 5mm. Well that's how it was explained

I was assuming I'm loosing GPS as the P3S has gone into Atti mode anyway I have been out with the new replacement to a local park reasonably open with a few trees it flew fine no loss of anything other than one quick in and out of Atti mode but that was it.

I'm going to take it for a middle of nowhere test up on the moors next weekend so will report back how it goes again that's for the pointer all.

Thanks

Sam

Hi all

Sorry been busy this weekend.

@RodPad From the knowledge I have the base station is the main GPS receiver which then boosts the signal for the plant on site making them accurate to +/- 5mm. Well that's how it was explained

I was assuming I'm loosing GPS as the P3S has gone into Atti mode anyway I have been out with the new replacement to a local park reasonably open with a few trees it flew fine no loss of anything other than one quick in and out of Atti mode but that was it.

I'm going to take it for a middle of nowhere test up on the moors next weekend so will report back how it goes again that's for the pointer all.

Thanks

Sam

Humm, and thanks.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic