Litichi waypoints - P3P stopping at each waypoint

Reaction score
My most recent waypoint missions my bird has flown the route perfectly, but is now stopping at each waypoint before continuing.

I've read the litchi manual and there's nothing that mentions stopping at waypoints vs just passing through them smoothly.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about, sped up 2x to highlight the stops, you can notice the sudden halts at the waypoints.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In the past I've been able to make butterery smooth videos with litchi. Is there some setting I could have missed that is making this happen?

Smooth video with same P3P and phone.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks!

Could it be something overlooked as simple as straight lines/curved lines in settings? I'm relatively new to litchi

Reactions: RockySkyPhoto
In the past I've been able to make butterery smooth videos with litchi. Is there some setting I could have missed that is making this happen?
It's not just me then.
I shot a waypoint mission a few days ago and I'm used to it all flowing smoothly but my Phantom stopped at each point anad spun around to take off on the next lag.
On looking at the mission, it seems that the Path Mode was stuck on Straight Lines rather than Smooth Curves.
Something to check before I do that again.
i-K6G6pr6-L.png

That might actually be it....

I needed it to stay over the river and had long distances between waypoints so I didn't want it to curve too much to the inside. Annoying that this creates the stop/start behavior - I could see if I had an action set on that waypoint, but if it's just passing through...grr.

Guess next time I'll just set up multiple waypoints around corners and keep the curve amount minimal.

Thanks guys!

Sounds like a plan, but remember- when you have curves set, waypoint actions don't happen! Since the bird never actually gets to the waypoint, they are never initiated. If videoing, either manually start recording of just set it to autorecord on takeoff.

Ok - got a chance to get out and test this today - that was definitely the issue - but note for anyone who finds this in the future - it's not enough to set it just to 'curved lines' you need to set the curve size to something besides 0 in the actual waypoint. Have it set to curves of 0ft still hesitates a for a bit, but not as bad as straight lines, but it breaks up the professional feel of constant motion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers