Litchi

Reaction score
Hi All

I have Just brought the Litchi APP and was wondering if I will be OK flying my standard with litchi on 1.2 firmware on my bird, i have issues with the first P3S and dont want to update this one.

Thanks

Sam

Don't know. I have the latest firmware on my P3S and Litchi works fine. I guess the only way to know is to try it. Start with small missions after thoroughly reading the Litchi manual.

Reactions: jointeffort
Is Litchi worth it? Would this take the place of the GO app?

It could do quite easily but I have been using both litchi for way points and track me I also use it for the VR mode after buying some cheap goggles which is quite cool viewing from the camera when up in the air. Dji go for normal flight.

Thanks

Sam

It could do quite easily but I have been using both litchi for way points and track me I also use it for the VR mode after buying some cheap goggles which is quite cool viewing from the camera when up in the air. Dji go for normal flight.

Thanks

Sam

I thought GO could do the waypoints and Follow Me? Or Litchi just does it better? I'm thinking of paying the $25 for it.

I used litchi for the first time last weekend with P3S and latest firmware. No issues. But I did notice the yaw is quite a bit more aggressive in litchi. The litchi features though are insanely good!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Litchi is much better at the way point with the go app you must fly the waypoints manually and then store them, with litchi you can sit at home and plan a mission using the mission hub from your PC Or in the app then go out and fly it.

Thanks

Sam

Reactions: STAINLESS
It is good and yes you don't have to touch the sticks once if you don't want but I do like to take off and land manually.

Sam

So you just hit start or something in the app and it'll take off, fly the whole route, and come back and land (or manually take off and start the mission at that point).....all without touching the sticks? Assuming the route is all set-up prior.

Flying missions with Litchi.....would this be against the current FAA rules though because we would be flying with no LOS? I don't have the Part 107 certification.

I assume it would if you lost LOS but I am still new to it and keep mine relatively close anyway.

Yes you can press take off on your app and the once hovering click start mission and off it goes and if you set it up for it the phantom will return to home and land.

Sam

Flying missions with Litchi.....would this be against the current FAA rules though because we would be flying with no LOS? I don't have the Part 107 certification.

It depends on how long you lose line of site and where. If you were flying in the middle of nowhere and it dipped behind a tree or something for a few seconds (given that no person is in danger) you should be OK. You just cannot rely solely on FPV views or the viewfinder on a device to as the only way to see what is going on. What you can do to help mitigate that would be to have a visual observer setup so that they can see the aircraft in the blind spot to the remote PIC.

image.jpeg
Can do this too

That looks sweet!

Reactions: STAINLESS
When on a mission, can you interrupt it by manually using the RC if you need to?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.