Litchi

Reaction score
I did a litchi WP mission the other day that went for 7km up a hill and around a reservoir. It was all successful apart from the bug that decided to end itself on the middle of my camera lens. The other bit that had me a bit stuffed was that every now and then the props would show in what was a pretty windless day. I figured out that it was because the P4 was stopping for a tiny moment at each waypoint and then powering to catch up to the set cruising speed quickly. Is there a setting that can prevent this from happening? For all of my waypoints I use curved turns.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are you changing the cruise speed between waypoints? If using curved turns, there are no waypoint actions, so the only thing that could change would be the speed. Compare your set cruise speed against speed in each segment and see if they are different. Thats about the only thing I can think of.

Have not noticed that issue before but will try some tests tomorrow and see if I get the same behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can you give us a screenshot of your mission.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have seen one of my litchi missions where the phantom brakes hard at one waypoint. It doesn't stop at every waypoint though. I think the solution may be to change the waypoint location.
I might try reprogramming the mission if changing the waypoint location doesn't solve it.

Here's the mission video if you're curious.

Yesterday, I created a simple waypoint mission in Litchi that amounted to nothing more than a "Zipline". I wanted the altitude to stay the same until the aircraft was right in front of the POI, then I wanted to initiate a climb to the ending waypoint. A "trigger" in Autopilot would have done this exact thing and I plan to try the mission again in Autopilot and compare. I had this "pause-wobble-continue" artifact as the aircraft passed through this center waypoint to initiate its climb. The aircraft remains in "NaviGo" mode (the API mode that Litchi uses to run its mission on the Aircraft) through this according to the logs.

Here's this simple mission on Litchi Hub.

And here's the result on YouTube:

Can anyone think of how I can accomplish this in Litchi (Zipline with aircraft ascent half way through) without the "waypoint wobble?" As I said, I plan to make the same mission in Autopilot and use a trigger to initiate the altitude change... and I suspect it'll be buttery smooth... but I won't know till I try! Will post the results.

Also, here's a second "Zipline"-like Litchi mission that turned out beautifully. Wack a little off the head and tail and there's some really excellent footage with Litchi. This one had only two waypoints. It also included a gimbal-zero and a 10 second pause at the end, just to capture the horizon at nearly 400'.

Can anyone think of how I can accomplish this in Litchi (Zipline with aircraft ascent half way through) without the "waypoint wobble?"
Since you don't have any actions at WP2 set your path to curved turns and your Phantom will fly at your programmed speed during the mission. You will have to manually start/stop recording and set your finish action to hover if you want to stay in one spot for a bit.

I'd not thought of "Curved Turns" enabling what amounts to waypoint interpolation in the vertical... but it certainly makes sense! Too much 2D thinking on my part. :) Thanks so much for the tip. I'll try it!

Also, I just turned the second Zipline above into a short intro sequence I'd thought of using to introduce my stuff:

Litchi does not cause the AC to stop and start at each waypoint if it is set to curved paths simply because it never technically reaches the waypoint. It curves around/near the waypoint.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4