Litchi

Reaction score
Hi,

Is there any way to change gimbal pitch when out of range?
Can i put 30degree in range and when is signal lost, is 30degrees lost too?

This is really shame that POI or Interpolate doesen't work when signal is lost?

Kankkis

Are you sure about this?

When you upload a Waypoint Mission into the bird, it flies the mission whether you are connected or not. The programmed flight is in the bird and that's what it's following. If you are having POI or gimbal settings problems during the mission –whether connected or not– it's probably because of a mistake in your mission settings.

SB

No, i'm sure, Phantom yes turns the POI but camera doesen't move down at all if you are out of signal.
Try it, fly long away so signal is lost, this is problem with DJI SDK, no Litch fault.

Jani

I think you have your gimbal settings wrong. Make the flight public in the Litchi Mission hub and share the link.

SB

I regularly fly waypoint missions out of range and haven't noticed this behavior. I'll check next time.

Is your gimbal pitch set to Focus POI and not DISABLED on all of your waypoints? I do not think Focus POI defaults even though the POI setting defaults to the POI nearest to each waypoint.

I have Focus POI and tryed interpolate too, not work if signal is lost.
I flyed 100meters high and POI was 1meter, it doesen't look down if there is no signal.

Try it, turn off your radios.

Copy from DJI forum, not my post.

You can add more waypoints and/or put them further apart. If your points are close together and switching POIs, the transition is going to be rapid. Also, make sure you have the mission set to "curved paths" instead of "straight lines." Don't forget though that if set to curved paths, any actions you've programmed (like "take photo") will be ignored. This is because with actions the drone has to reach the waypoint first. With curved paths, the drone never reaches the waypoint, instead curving around it. Also be aware that the camera will only focus on the programmed POI if the drone is in contact with the RC. If you lose contact, the mission will continue as planned, but the POIs will be toast. (This is problem/issue with DJI's SDK (Software Development Kit), not a bug with Litchi. Litchi can only work within the confines of DJI's SDK.)

Copy/Paste from Litchis manual, it has sayed even there.

"Litchi can control the gimbal pitch automatically during the mission, as long as the aircraft is within range of the remote controller. To specify how the gimbal pitch should be controlled, each waypoint has a Gimbal Pitch setting which can be one of the following:"

So Signal needed for Focus POI gimbal to work.

Jani

AFAIK when outside of RC range, Litchi can’t control gimbal angle because the DJI SDK only allows gimbal control if the AC is in contact with the RC.

When you lose RC control, the gimbal will stay at whatever angle it is set at. There is a way around this though, but you must use straight lines rather than curved waypoints. You can set a waypoint action to set the gimbal at a particular angle. Problem is, it will stay at that angle until the next waypoint is reached, with a new angle setting. OR just set a specific gimbal angle and continue to use a curved path. Just make sure you have a good guess on the correct angle (or do your trigonomy homework).

...I have only done simple missions with a predefined manual gimbal angle showing some horizon with the AC losing contact for a minute or two, so I have not experienced this limitation.

Last edited:
Jani -
I just ran a test and am now knowing. The camera maintains its direction correct with the POI (per the drone always being pointed in that direction) but the camera attitude does not change after loss of RC. Thanks for pointing this out.

Only way is to use straight path and use a waypoint action to change the angle at waypoint. You are correct though that gimbal pitch control is lost when craft is out of range.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

the waypoints actions gimbal tilt doesn`t work either for me. . . .
i've confirmed to use straight lines rather than round path...

p3s 1.5.70

Hi,

Is there any way to change gimbal pitch when out of range?
Can i put 30degree in range and when is signal lost, is 30degrees lost too?

Kankkis

I have just had the same experience after reviewing the results of a Litchi curved turns mission Circling a (POI) at an altitude of 20 ft and a diameter of 150 ft The remains of a small church with (POI) settings altitude 30 feet the footage showed when the P4 was behind the church the camera pointed directly down only returning to the (POI) when back in view and passing the next WP. I flew the mission twice at different speeds the gimbals went limp at exactly the same point. we need the gimbals to retain the last settings till it receives the next change, I was standing about 10 feet outside the circle so max 160 feet from the bird.
Jindalee

I live in an area called Jindalee .yet to try a mission as both my Standard and Advanced are on older firmware and the notice on the latest app recommend s the latest FW .

I live in an area called Jindalee .yet to try a mission as both my Standard and Advanced are on older firmware and the notice on the latest app recommend s the latest FW .
Hi Springs
Which Jindalee are you near Perth, Western Australia or Brisbane, Queensland?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav