Litchi

Hi,
I have used an app called Udemy and they do a course for Litchi called Phantom Filmschool and there are three altogether if you get the first one they give discount on the next two.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi,
Hi,
If you want to learn more about Litchi i used an app called Udemy and they do a course for Litchi called Phantom Filmschool and there are three altogether if you get the first one they give discount on the next two.

If you're going to fly using waypoints then yes. If you want the ability to keep the camera facing an object while you fly with ease then yes. If you're just flying around your area manually without any interest in smooth cinematic video then probably not worth it.

Here's an example. I still have a long way to go but most of these shots would look much less smooth if I had to do them by hand

Because, I recently read few troubles with Litchi, resulting flips in flight, and crash.
So, I want to fly with Offical app (DJI Go), but really want Litchi only for FPV...

Maybe I don't explained correctly...

If I have on the P4 RC, a tablet with DJI Go, I can't getting video on my smartphone into VR goggle...I'ts not possible?
I saw few videos on YT, a guy doing it... I'll write to him.

With the Phantom 3 or 4, the only way to separate the video is by adding the HDMI video port ($100) from DJI. This replaces the USB connector on the back of the controller with both a USB and a HDMI connectors. On the controller, you set for simultaneous display, and you have output on both the USB to your tablet and to the goggles through the HDMI connector (I use the Headplay and it is great!). I am waiting for receipt of a Skyzone TX-5D HDMI transmitter. I'm going to experiment with plugging it into the Phantom controller's HDMI jack and "transmitting" the video to goggles and a tablet/receiver! Let's see if I can cut the cord without creating lag time!

Question on Litchi - I think I know the answer, but it does NOT require a constant connection with the controller, correct? So I can plan a mission to a distance where (in my congested area) I would not normally have control connection and Litchi will control the drone from the aircraft itself?

Correct and verified with Litchi. Upload your mission at the start and then connection to controller not needed. I sometimes get a WARNING DISCONNECTED message. The first few flights with Litchi I I initiated a RTH at this point. Now I am more confident and when this message pops up I let the drone complete its missions

One thing to keep in mind with Lichi is once the remote looses contact with the P4, it continues the mission, and obstacle avoidance does not function during missions when the pre set heading or pointing at a poi does not have the P4 pointed in the direction its actually heading, therefore if a wp altitude is not enough to clear objects at that wp, then she won't show back up. I also know the camera does does continue to point correctly, and tilt automatically if proper settings are employed (right?) when out of range of remote. I have issues with the yaw smoothness even at the best settings, but Litchi missions can automatically give great smooth yaw turns, and I keep the tilt function on manual to frame my subject better, but that control is lost when range exceeds the remote, so I try to stay within range. Most would agree there is high apprehension when a mission takes it beyond the remote's range and screen goes blank, and you just hope it comes back on when it starts getting back in range, but it is a great feeling when it does!

Last edited:
Reactions: JWH and Suhail78
Correct and verified with Litchi. Upload your mission at the start and then connection to controller not needed. I sometimes get a WARNING DISCONNECTED message. The first few flights with Litchi I I initiated a RTH at this point. Now I am more confident and when this message pops up I let the drone complete its missions
How can I contact Litchi?

I'm using Litchi to film all 18 holes of a golf course. I have has a couple of near misses with trees but that was possibly my fault not giving enough clearance. The great thing about Litchi is that you can return to your mission position as many times as you want and re-film if things don't go right first time. (weather is a problem here in the UK so clouds spoil some shots, just re-shoot !!
Good Luck....

Reactions: hjscm
Shot entirely with Litchi. I could not have made this movie without it.
Hi great shots. I just bought my program and I getting used to it. My question is there any way of tracking should there be a problem with the Phantom when it is out of sight. to expensive to lose.

School me on Litchi, is it worth it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ghost,
Litchi is the only way I fly. I have 153. miles on Litchi and my Phantom 3 Pro already. No problems. Most of that mileage is using Litchi waypoint missions. It is awesome. I am using the new Samsung Galaxy 9.7" Tab S2. It's the very bright screen with an 8 core processor. runs Litchi perfectly. I don't use the dji go app anymore. Check out some mission flights over the ocean cliffs in Northern California at "Jeeping Joe Youtube"
Joe
KC7GHT
Litchimyp3p.jpg
! Check Out "Jeeping Joe Youtube" for some mission flights over the rocky ocean clifs in Northern California. See a summary of my logs attached.
Joe
KC7GHT

Reactions: Donald Renaud
Hi great shots. I just bought my program and I getting used to it. My question is there any way of tracking should there be a problem with the Phantom when it is out of sight. to expensive to lose.

Yes a 3rd party tracker, i.e. "trackimo", "Marco Polo" etc etc.

What's with the (advertising) posts about this app lately?

Why are people thinking it's better than the DJI Go app?

What's with the (advertising) posts about this app lately?

Why are people thinking it's better than the DJI Go app?
Because it is better.

I love Litchi..however I did the firmware update yesterday and today Litchi's video froze up on me when I jumped to aircraft/camera settings inflight. It did it twice on two different flights today. I will do more testing tomorrow to see if this keeps up. When the video froze I had to completely end the app pull the USB cord then restart the app and connect. I did it during flight which was a bit concerning. Good thing the bird was not far away from me...but is was right next to a large power windmill I was filming :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4