Litchi

Reaction score
School me on Litchi, is it worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just purchased it...it is a bit overwhelming initially so I am really trying to learn as much as possible before I use it. When you think you payed $1399 for the P4, another $19.99 doesn't seem that much.

I've had it for months but just began messing with it the other day. Never read the manual just sort of figured things out intuitively as its relatively straight forward. Here are a pair of Litchi flights I flew yesterday with a Phantom 3 Standard. These are long flights...37,284' & 42,102' respectively. I also did a lot research & recon before hand to verify clearances.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
When I bought the phantom I thought I would never use waypoints, but it turns out its an absolute must for great videos (and therefore litchi a must buy).
Without litchi you're pretty much limited to short range line-of-sight flying. In urban areas you would have to stand on the roof of a building or else lose signal quickly. The DJI Go app is quite disappointing in that regard, even the point of interest mode is useless: when the phantom circles around an object and the object will momentarily block your connection, it will initiate RTH instead of just continuing the circle...

Reactions: jeganx
I've had it for months but just began messing with it the other day. Never read the manual just sort of figured things out intuitively as its relatively straight forward. Here are a pair of Litchi flights I flew yesterday with a Phantom 3 Standard. There are long flights...37,284' & 42,102' respectively. I also did a lot research & recon beforehand to verify clearances.

I have had Litchi for months as well. I still have not tried it out yet. It is very intuitive in its setup. May just break it in now. Thoroughly enjoyed your Harbor vids Bird.
Were you sitting in your truck flying for both vids?

Yes. Flying from the truck has become standard operating procedure for me in many instances.

I have had Litchi for months as well. I still have not tried it out yet. It is very intuitive in its setup. May just break it in now. Thoroughly enjoyed your Harbor vids Bird.
Were you sitting in your truck flying for both vids?

Question on Litchi - I think I know the answer, but it does NOT require a constant connection with the controller, correct? So I can plan a mission to a distance where (in my congested area) I would not normally have control connection and Litchi will control the drone from the aircraft itself?

Question on Litchi - I think I know the answer, but it does NOT require a constant connection with the controller, correct? So I can plan a mission to a distance where (in my congested area) I would not normally have control connection and Litchi will control the drone from the aircraft itself?

Yes! However, as I understand from reading the manual, only the position/orientation of the aircraft can be uploaded to the phantom but NOT the gimbal position. So the gimbal angle settings for the waypoints wont have any effect if its out of range.

interesting...

lets give it a try, i ll keep you updated :)
Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 14.31.53.png

Hi,

Is possible fly by DJI Go, but just get the video by Litchi, for FPV in MY VR Goggles? I mean, I don't want others features from Litchi, only wireless video streaming for my Goggles, for FPV.

Thanks!

Hi,

Is possible fly by DJI Go, but just get the video by Litchi, for FPV in MY VR Goggles? I mean, I don't want others features from Litchi, only wireless video streaming for my Goggles, for FPV.

Thanks!
Highly doubtful. Both GO and Litchi require exclusive access to the USB port to interact with the remote.

Why not just fly in litchi?

I find myself using Litchi much more than DJI Go. Just so much you can do with it. This is unedited, but the entire flight is using Litchi.

Highly doubtful. Both GO and Litchi require exclusive access to the USB port to interact with the remote.

Why not just fly in litchi?

Because, I recently read few troubles with Litchi, resulting flips in flight, and crash.
So, I want to fly with Offical app (DJI Go), but really want Litchi only for FPV...

Maybe I don't explained correctly...

If I have on the P4 RC, a tablet with DJI Go, I can't getting video on my smartphone into VR goggle...I'ts not possible?
I saw few videos on YT, a guy doing it... I'll write to him.

Because, I recently read few troubles with Litchi, resulting flips in flight, and crash.
So, I want to fly with Offical app (DJI Go), but really want Litchi only for FPV...

If I have on the P4 RC, a tablet with DJI Go, I can't getting video on my smartphone into VR goggle...I'ts not possible?
I saw that thread. I'll bet $100 Litchi didn't cause that bird to flip. More likely a prop problem.

Reactions: maseman88

Ok.... just as many people crash with DJI GO as with Litchi, probably more based on user base.

So it seems you are using a Gear VR or other goggles that need the phone screen. If your tablet has video out and you have your heart set on FPV and using DJI GO buy some dedicated FPV goggles. The experience will be better. Streaming video from tablet to phone will have to introduce additional latency to the video.

I find myself using Litchi much more than DJI Go. Just so much you can do with it. This is unedited, but the entire flight is using Litchi.

The view is amazing

Didn't yet used Litchi, but I'm considering to use it, even this post about crashing making me worried to use it.

Did you had any issue at all using Litchi?

The view is amazing

Didn't yet used Litchi, but I'm considering to use it, even this post about crashing making me worried to use it.

Did you had any issue at all using Litchi?

No issues for me.... just because a thread title accuses litchi, go app, or any other app or cause as fundermental contributor to a crash doesnt mean it is true. I might be. Its just as often or more so not the case though.

No issues for me.... just because a thread title accuses litchi, go app, or any other app or cause as fundermental contributor to a crash doesnt mean it is true. I might be. Its just as often or more so not the case though.

Ok, good
Thanks for the reply

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.