Litchi

Reaction score
Any tips from you guys that use Litchi? I got it today, loaded a mission then uploaded it. When I started my phantom I used the dji go app. Then started Litchi, when I did I lost connection with the dji app. Then I quickly lost connection with Litchi. It was a long 15 mins waiting and hoping my phantom would return. From its mission. It did and I got RC controls back to land it but never got connection with the apps. I'm using an iPhone 6 Plus. Any tips you guys can give me?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do not run Litchi with DJI Go, supposed to run it solo.
Always double check you mission waypoints before loading mission, especially your last waypoint.
Under settings, allow app to manage rotation unless you need something specific. I messed some good videos because I didn't let the app manage the rotation at waypoints.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Which one do you prefer for FPV? dji go app or Litchi? Any benefits with litchi? I only have dji go.... wonder if I should get Litchi?

Which one do you prefer for FPV? dji go app or Litchi? Any benefits with litchi? I only have dji go.... wonder if I should get Litchi?

Two weeks ago I was also thinking if I should get Litchi.
Now when I have it, I regret only for one thing - that I did not bought it earlier.
It`s much more fun with Litchi. You can create waypoints on your PC and force your drone to fly and do all operations you`ve set. Even you lost RC signal, your bird still flies and do the job. Also it lets you record 1080p 60FPS.

Focus mode is nice. This one you have to buy in addition for 5 euros, but it is worth.

You can make nice videos, more professional and smooth using Litchi.

Reactions: x11freak
Do not run Litchi with DJI Go, supposed to run it solo.
Always double check you mission waypoints before loading mission, especially your last waypoint.
Under settings, allow app to manage rotation unless you need something specific. I messed some good videos because I didn't let the app manage the rotation at waypoints.
Thanks I will try that. Yeah I didn't not enable the focus on the POI so when I loaded the video the camera never looked down. At one point it stopped and the gimbal kept jerking to the right, don't know what was up with that. Got the POI fixed now. Also going to adjust the heights, I was a little worried since I was flying off the side of a ridge and through a valley then looping around by another ridge before returning home. This app it awesome in wooded terrain with a lot of elevation changes. I can see I am going to have to get a gps tracker because it was nerve wrecking once I lost all contact and just hoped it would return.

I wish I would have installed Litchi sooner, too. I find it is superior for video than Go App. I don't run them both. I be sure to force quit the Go app in settings so it doesn't mess with Litchi. Also offline storing of the the maps is easier to do on my Nexus 7 than with the Go app.

I set my gimbal speed to slower and that makes the up/down motions real smooth too. I'm still working on the right speed setting for the flights. Here's an example of a recent flight:

Reactions: Richard Gozinya
"I set my gimbal speed to slower and that makes the up/down motions real smooth too."

Great tip, right there. :cool:

i recently got Litchi and have only used it a few times. right away i have one question. once RTH has engaged, how do i turn it off? i have ALOT to figure out with this app but i think it could pen up some adventure that's for sure. balls to the wall straight out until i have half my battery power left, then turn around and see if i can make it back

In the Options what is the difference between, "Cruising Speed" and, "Max Flight Speed". For instance, it lets me set Max Flight Speed to 17.8mph and cruising up to 30mph simulatenously - I think I'm misunderstanding something.

Side question: I assume setting cruising speed to fastest possible is probably unwise in terms of battery usage?

Cruising Speed is the default speed for the mission.
Max Flight Speed is the maximum speed you can accelerate to by overriding the default by using the forward stick.

Thanks...

- So does Max Flight Speed only apply to an active mission? Or does it apply to just casually flying around as well?

- If you have a higher Cruising Speed than Max Flight Speed, how does that work?

It just limits you on the option of speeding up or slowing down between WPs. I try to always have the option of speeding up the bird if needed on top of mission speed.

Cruising Speed is the default speed for the mission.
Max Flight Speed is the maximum speed you can accelerate to by overriding the default by using the forward stick.
That's how I understood it as well. But it doesn't explain why the software allows you to set a lower max speed than the cruising speed.

Reactions: wallix
That's how I understood it as well. But it doesn't explain why the software allows you to set a lower max speed than the cruising speed.

Exactly. This is the whole thing that's throwing me off. The dev doesn't seem like the type to let an oddity like that slip through. That's why I wonder if it does something else.

The issue i am having with Litchi (and i love the app) is when i set waypoints i cant seem to gian control of the gimble, it keeps on pointing back up to the next waypoint. so i cant angle the gimble down? if that makes sense, im clearly missing something here

The issue i am having with Litchi (and i love the app) is when i set waypoints i cant seem to gian control of the gimble, it keeps on pointing back up to the next waypoint. so i cant angle the gimble down? if that makes sense, im clearly missing something here
I'm pretty sure when you press way point then look to the left of the screen you'll see a settings button. Click that and you'll see the different options of what you want the gimbal to do. I think you have to scroll down and it's the last option.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik